In this article we are going to review the best VPNs for Apple TV that works fine in 2020. It has become impossible to operate without a VPN because of many cyber attacks and geo-restrictions. Whether it is simply surfing the internet or streaming videos and even playing online games, a Virtual Private Network has become necessary. It is a lifesaver when you're trying to view your favorite movies and TV shows on Apple TV.
Many VPNs will claim to be the best option for you to view Apple TV. It can often give you an unnecessarily hard time. After careful review, here is a list of some of the most sought-after VPNs for Apple TV.
If you're in a rush and can't read the entire article, here is a summary of the best VPNs for Apple TV:
- NordVPN – One of the best VPNs in the market(if not the best). Ultra-fast internet connection speed and double data encryption make this an unbeatable service for Apple TV enthusiasts.
- ExpressVPN – Ultra-fast servers and high internet connection speeds make this service perfect for streaming video on Apple TV.
- CyberGhostVPN – With an excellent user interface and simple navigation, this VPN is one of the best VPNs for beginners. It is an excellent fit for watching the latest entertainment on Apple TV.
- ProtonVPN – This VPN offers high Swiss quality coupled with great speeds. It has cross-platform connectivity and multi-user support
- IvacyVPN – This one indeed provides a great variety matched with excellent customer support.
1. NordVPN – stream your favorite TV shows on AppleTV with the safest VPN service.
|Price from||$3.49 (-70% deal)
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||NordVPN review|
- Server Coverage – They have a vast network of 5500+ servers, many of which are in the US, U.K., Germany, France, Australia, and Canada. It ensures a host of options for you to bag global entertainment on your Apple TV.
- Internet Connection Speed – An average download speed of 75 Mbps and an average upload speed of 77 Mbps make Nord VPN one of the best VPNs for Apple TV.
- Security Options – Nord VPN utilizes the most popular security protocols to provide you with military-grade security encryption. These include the L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, IKEv2, PPTP, and SSTP.
- Supported Devices and Platforms – No matter what device or platform you use, Nord VPN pairs seamlessly with all of them. From all Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices to any laptop, smartphone, TV, or gaming console, Nord VPN can function with them all.
Supported Multi-devices – A single subscription allows you to connect up to 6 devices at the same time.
- Support – Customers can receive round-the-clock assistance from their support team via email or live chat.
- Price – Monthly plans begin at $11.95 per month. However, customers can save a lot with their 3-year subscription priced at $125.65. They, too, offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on all their plans.
2. ExpressVPN – access apple TV from abroad with the fastest VPN
|Price from||$6.67 (-49% deal)|
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||ExpressVPN review|
- Server Coverage – Express VPN has one of the largest server networks in the world. They have a network of 3000+ servers spread across 94 countries in 160 locations. Most of these are based in the United States. It means that you get individual access to the latest in Hollywood entertainment on your Apple TV anywhere in the world.
- Internet Connection Speed – Express VPN posts a download speed of 175 Mbps and an upload speed of 45 Mbps in the US In Europe, the download speed is nearly 240 Mbps and the upload speed is 44 Mbps. These results make Express VPN a clear front runner in the speed arena.
- Security Options – This VPN is excellent at data encryption, as well. It means your browsing session is entirely secure and safe against prying eyes. They use various encryption methods that include: OpenVPN UDP (User Datagram Protocol); OpenVPN TCP (Transmission Control Protocol); L2TP/IPSec; IPsec (Internet Protocol Security); PPTP (Point to Point Tunneling Protocol); IKEv2 (Internet Key Exchange Version 2).
- Supported Devices and Platforms – Express VPN runs on practically all platforms and devices. All Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and other devices pair beautifully with this VPN. Even every gaming console, including the Playstation, Xbox, etc. function perfectly with it.
- Supported Multi-devices – With a single subscription, you can connect up to 5 devices at the same time.
- Support – Customer support is incredible. Express VPN offers 24*7 support to help with any problem that a customer may be faced with.
- Price – Express VPN offers subscription plans beginning at $12.95 per month and lead up to $99.95 per year. ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in case the customer is unsatisfied with the service.
3. CyberGhostVPN – if you are looking for a cheaper solution to access AppleTV without loosing a quality, this VPN is just for you.
|Price from||$2.75 (-80% deal)
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||CyberGhost review|
- Server Coverage – CyberGhost VPN is an active player in its field with 5500+ servers spread across more than 90 countries and 112 locations. Most of these servers are situated in Europe and North America, thereby bringing you the latest in entertainment on your Apple TV.
- Internet Connection Speed – CyberGhost VPN displays an average download speed of 80 Mbps and an average upload speed of 30 Mbps. However, these figures are vastly off from the actual numbers shown in Australia for both uploads and downloads. Upload speeds are not close to its previous two counterparts anywhere in the world.
- Security Options – CyberGhost VPN makes up for its lag in speed by keeping up with the latest in encryption for your safety. To maximize your security, it utilizes everything from the PPTP and L2TP/IPSec to OpenVPN and IKEv2/IPSec tunneling protocols.
- Supported Devices and Platforms – The VPN pairs well with nearly all major devices and platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, etc. It can also be connected with smart TVs and gaming consoles.
- Supported Multi-devices – They let the customers connect up to 7 devices with a single subscription.
- Support – They offer one of the best customer support systems, which includes a vast online support page containing FAQs regarding varied issues. They also provide a very prompt and efficient individual customer support system via live chatting and email.
- Price – Subscription plans start from $12.99 a month to $99.99 for 3 years. A 14-day money-back guarantee accompanies it for the monthly subscriptions and a 45-day money-back guarantee for the longer subscriptions.
4. ProtonVPN – Swiss service that encourage fluent streaming on AppleTV
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||ProtonVPN review|
- Server Coverage – Proton VPN has a network of 500+ servers in 42 countries and 57 locations.
- Internet Connection Speed – Average download speed is 47 Mbps, and the average upload speed is 37 Mbps.
- Security Options – It performs reasonably in the field of security. It makes use of OpenVPN (UDP/TCP) and the IKEv2 protocol, with AES-256 encryption.
- Supported Devices and Platforms – Although Proton VPN performs moderately with most Windows, Mac, iOs, and Linux devices, it does not offer a built-in option for smart TVs or gaming consoles.
- Supported Multi-devices – With a single subscription, customers can connect up to 5 devices.
- Support – They do not offer any live or chat support. Nevertheless, queries can be sent to them via email, and they get responded typically within 1-2 days.
Price – Subscription plans begin from a mere $4 per month and go up to $288 per year.
5. IvacyVPN – the cheapest VPN service that is also capable of getting AppleTV from the outside of the U.S.
|More information||IvacyVPN review|
Server Coverage – Ivacy VPN has a network of 1000+ servers in 50+ countries and 100+ locations.
Internet Connection Speed – Posting an average download speed of 44 Mbps and an average upload speed of 34 Mbps, Ivacy VPN performs fairly well for its price. Unfortunately, it proves to be a non-performer in Asia.
Security Options – Ivacy VPN uses all major security protocols, including OpenVPN, PPTP, SSTP, L2TP, and IKEv2.
Supported Devices and Platforms – This VPN supports all major platforms and devices.
Supported Multi-devices – Customers can connect up to 5 devices with a single subscription.
Support – Ivacy VPN has a formidable customer support system. They have an exhaustive FAQ page to help you navigate through tricky situations yourself. Moreover, not only can you contact them for help on their official page, but also through social media. In every case, their support team is quick to respond and very patient.
Price – Subscription plans start from $9.95 per month to $60 for 5 years. The 5-year plan offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
An additional information for those who plans to watch AppleTV with a VPN
VPN can help you Access Apple TV
While VPNs have many uses, one of the common ones is to access geo-blocked content. It is no surprise that, like most other streaming services, Apple TV reserves most of its content for its US viewers. There is a vast gulf in the amount of content available for the Americans versus that for viewers in the rest of the world. As unfair as that is, this parity can be overcome, and a VPN will do just the trick! Consider it to be the coveted cloak of invisibility. True to its name, a Virtual Private Network delivers what is offered by its terminology. It stretches a private network over a public one and thereby opens up the online world to you while keeping your location virtually untraceable.
Every internet-enabled device is assigned a unique Internet Protocol (IP) address. Therefore, when you go online, websites come to know where you're approaching them from. However, when you go online through a VPN, the VPN assigns a temporary IP address to your device. Numerous and widely located servers then transmit the required information, thereby, producing a net of digital tire tracks that can never divulge your actual device location. It ensures you have a smooth streaming session on your Apple TV.
Geo-blocking has become a major stumbling block in online entertainment. Apple TV is capturing the minds of the world audience, but, unfortunately, it is yet another service that monitors and allows content based on location. Many popular country-specific shows would be inaccessible when the viewer is not situated in that country itself. It is especially true for most Hollywood movies and TV shows that can only be viewed in the US.
The only way of getting around this problem is some geo-spoofing via a VPN. A VPN will mask the user's actual location by bouncing data off various servers based globally. It brings unhindered access to all that content that the user had been missing out on thus far.
6 factors To Choose The Best VPN For Apple TV
Once you decide to make use of a VPN, you'll find yourself struggling with the number of choices available in the market. Each option will brand itself as your best bet, leaving you confused. Here is a list of must options to help you make your decision:
- A reliable VPN possesses a vast number of servers strewn across a wide range of nations. The broader this network, the more the available choices for accessing the internet from anywhere in the world. It also reinforces your safety by widening the network over which your identity is hidden. Most importantly, an extensive network of servers allows your device to access Apple TV content from across the world without any limitation.
- It only doesn't make sense to get is a VPN if it isn't fast enough. If the video content keeps buffering when you're watching Apple TV, the VPN isn't doing its job correctly.
- An ideal VPN should be flexible enough to support all devices and platforms. Not only should it be functional with Windows, Mac, and other software, it should also adapt to the needs of various devices ranging from smartphones and laptops to televisions and gaming consoles, etc. Essentially, if the device has internet connection ability, a VPN ought to help with it.
- A reputable VPN encrypts all its data and makes it untraceable for third-parties. Such a VPN will guard all your data to grant you maximum security and privacy. An essential aspect of providing you such a stress-free experience is also the quality that the VPN itself should not be keeping tabs on your online activity. Ensure that the VPN you use furnishes the content you need without maintaining any activity logs.
- The quality of the customer support system of a VPN speaks for its quality. Invest in a VPN that offers relentless support should you need it.
- With the abundance of options available in the VPN market, one has to be extremely cautious with their money. Look for a pocket-friendly experience with qualitative service. As a rule, the cheapest service provides the lowest quality service, but not always.
No chance to watch Apple TV With A Free VPN
Several VPNs in the market will lure customers by offering their services for free. As tempting as that may be, there are severe drawbacks to such services.
To begin with, always remember there's a catch in such situations. Free VPN services almost always impose bandwidth limitations and mar your Apple TV watching experience with painfully slow network speeds.
In such cases, the service provider has little regard for customer anonymity and security. They maintain logs of your online activity, which can be sold to third-party advertisers, thereby indirectly making money off of the client. The customer ends up significantly threatening valuable personal data in the process.
Should the customer face any issue while making use of such a service, they will not provide any useful customer service, either.
Therefore, it is always preferable to buy a VPN service instead. There are many such services available today, and most of them offer affordable plans. It will be a pocket-friendly yet secure way to enjoy global content on your Apple TV.
|Options||free VPN||paid VPN|
|Changes your IP||✔||✔|
|Fast internet connection||✗||✔|
|No-logs, no tracking||✗||✔|
|No annoying ads||✗||✔|
|Wide range of server selection||✗||✔|
Set Up A VPN for Apple TV
It is straightforward to set up a VPN, and the process does not need any technical knowledge either. After selecting the VPN service provider you want, visit their website, and carry out these steps:
- Visit one of our recommended VPN service provider.
- Choose a plan that suits your requirements and subscribe to their service.
- After that, you will receive a username and password by email.
- Download the software.
- Install the software on your devices.
- Log in with username and password.
- Choose the server from United States AND PRESS CONNECT BUTTON.
- Enjoy your secure internet session.
Other Uses of VPNs instead of using it on AppleTV
A VPN is an excellent tool for travelers. If you are traveling a lot but miss watching the shows, you enjoy back home. A VPN can come in handy. You can access the BBC iPlayer, Hulu, or Netflix from any point in the world where internet connection is accessible. Especially if you are using an insecure public WI-FI internet connection. The biggest US video libraries are accessible only for the residents of America. In this case, the VPN helps to change your IP to the American one and bypass the restrictions.
The hackers are scanning unencrypted wi-fi networks and steal sensitive information like banking account passwords, credit card numbers, or email passwords. So if you like using the internet connection on the go, don't even think to do it without a VPN. Hackers are waiting for their victims on every corner.
Also, VPN is popular for avid gamers when the talks go about geo-restrictions and IP ban bypass. Millions of players around the world are using VPN to play Fortnite, League of Legends, Minecraft, or other games. The geographical locations restrict the most desirable communities from the United States, so if you are not the resident of the united states, no chance to connect it without a VPN.
Moreover, it is trendy to use for torrenting. In many countries, it is illegal, but VPN encrypts all the data, changes your IP, and it becomes impossible to identify you for government agencies.
The list of the best VPN that allows you enjoying AppleTV
There are so many fantastic TV shows and movies that one cannot afford to miss. However, geographical constraints generally taint the entertainment experience. It is why a good VPN is necessary for a decent viewership experience. The best VPNs for Apple TV will provide access to the latest in entertainment today without imposing any limitations on the viewers.