How to get unbanned from Fortnite?
If you found yourself banned on Fortnite, you came to the right place. We will review the method how to get unbanned from Fortnite in 2020 by removing the IP ban. To get unblocked you need to change the IP address. The simplest way to do that is to use a VPN. The main problem is that Fortnite servers are recognizing and blocking VPN users. We did check more than 50 VPN and find some services that still works great with Fortnite. As the passionate players of Fortnite, we know that this is the most annoying error and the nightmare of all Fortnite fans. This error might appear in the middle of Fortnite gameplay and makes you feel very mad and stressed. Especially if you are in the leads.
“You were removed from the match due to internet lag, your IP or machine, VPN usage, or for cheating. We recommend not utilizing VPN or proxy services while attempting to play Fortnite.”
Every VPN vendor provides you the possibility to try the service for free in 30-45 days. It means that you can try each VPN without risk because of the money-back guarantee. If you will decide that you don’t need a VPN, you will ask for a refund and your money will be given back without any questions.
1. Get unbanned from Fortnite with a VPN
There are plenty of various VPN service providers on the market, but most of them are already blocked by the servers of Fortnite. The game servers are using the algorithms to detect and block proxy and VPN users. That’s why so many VPN is not working with Fortnite. Our tested VPN unblocks Fortnite and lets you enjoy the game again and again. It is no matter how many times you will be blocked. You just need to change your IP and play again.
NordVPN can help you to change your IP and get back to a Fortnite gaming session
|Price from||$3.49 (-70% deal)
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||NordVPN review|
NordVPN is another great VPN service that can not only help you access your IP address, but also encrypt your browsing data. If you want to bypass Fortnite IP ban, the NordVPN service is perfect for this.
Thanks to its ultra-fast internet connection, NordVPN can be used seamlessly with PS4 or XBOX consoles. The game will not play and you will not be removed from the network due to a poor connection. During our testing, NordVPN demonstrated internet speeds of up to 95 mbps. This is totally enough for online gaming, video watching or torrenting.
The good quality of service is also due to the fact that NordVPN has an extensive service network with 5500 servers spread over 62 different countries. Such a great network infrastructure opens up many and varied opportunities on the Internet. For example, unlocking Netflix, Hulu, HBO, or other platforms.
This service provider is very serious about the security and privacy of its customers. Data is encoded twice thanks to dual VPN technology. Also, due to its geographical location, similar to ExpressVPN, the services provided are 100% no-log.
As expected from a high-end service provider, the software is highly flexible and can be compatible with major operating systems like ExpressVPN. Additionally, VPN can be installed on Google Chrome and Firefox browsers. Up to 6 devices can be connected to this application at a time.
As far as prices are concerned, they are mid-range and fully consistent with the quality of service. Standard prices can be found below this paragraph. They are often volatile and worth checking.
- $3.49 per month for 36 months with a 30-days money-back guarantee;
- $4.99 per month for 24 months with a 30-days money-back guarantee;
- $6.99 per month for 12 months with a 30-days money-back guarantee;
Taking a look at the overall situation with this service, we can say that the service is well worth the price. Great customer service, easy app management, security, speed, flexibility, what else can you expect from a VPN service?
Remove IP ban on Fortnite with ExpressVPN
|Price from||$6.67 (-49% deal)|
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||ExpressVPN review|
Our first choice for effective gaming with Fortnite is ExpressVPN. It has a very large server network (3000 servers in 92 countries) and high internet speeds (up to 100 mbps). Not only great for games, but also for torrenting or online video viewing.
The service provider is based in the British Virgin Islands and is independent of international agreements that oblige VPN companies to collect customer data and capture it on their servers for generating time. This is due to the mass surveillance of citizens by the Alliance of Five Eyes.The software is quite flexible and can be installed on all major operating systems such as Windows, Android, Linux, iOS, macOS. If you want to use VPN in game consoles, it is recommended that you install the program on your router or provide internet access via a regular computer. There are no applications yet that can be installed directly to the game console.It is also worth noting that xpressVPN can be annotated with 5 devices at a time. It's a great way to protect your main devices, including your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.ExpresVPN is a great tool for those who want to have more privacy and hide their online actions from ISPs or government organizations from snooping. The data is encapsulated in AES 256-BIT algorithms that no one has ever decoded. Therefore, you can rest assured about your online privacy and security.It can also be mentioned that ExpressVPN is working very hard to improve the quality of customer service. The official website provides a variety of instructions on how to install a VPN and pairing with various devices, including PS4 or XBOX. If you have questions on how to use the program itself, experienced staff can provide live chat advice. As far as pricing is concerned, ExpressVPN may not be the cheapest option on the market, but when it comes to quality of service, the price meets expectations. Standard prices are listed below, but may vary depending on promotions and special offers. It's worth visiting the service provider's page and checking what's going on.
- 12 months package at $6.67/month with a 30-days refund;
- 6 months package at $9.99/month with a 30-days refund;
- 1-month package at $12.95/month with a 30-days refund;
CyberGhost – The cheapest VPN solution for getting unbanned from Fortnite
|Price from||$2.75 (-80% deal)
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||CyberGhost review|
Here's another of our great discoveries, which is perfect for Fortnite fans who want to bypass IP blockade. Fast, convenient, reliable, and inexpensive to describe this service in a nutshell.
CyyberGhostVPN is a service originated in Romania. It seems like a little-known brand, but it is highly technologically advanced to provide this level of quality service. If you compare this VPN to the ones mentioned above, it is no worse and even outperforms your opponents in some places.
CyberGhost also has an extremely extensive network of servers with 6,000 servers in 92 countries. Wow, our reaction was that way too. More deeply, the service also encrypts customer data in a militarity-grade encyption that is unbeatable for hackers, ISPs, or government agencies.
As far as software flexibility is concerned, it can also be adapted to all basic operating systems. We can delight androidTV owners that CyberGhostVPN has a dedicated application for them. Watching American Netflix requires no special action, just install the app on your TV, connect and watch.
Similarly, a VPN can be bundled with a router to help your gaming consoles change their IP address and play Fortnite. It is worth recalling the fact that CyberGhost can be used with up to 7 devices simultaneously.
Customer service is not in the last place and the company is working hard to make everyone happy. The site has a lot of information on how to install VPNs on different devices or what to do when something doesn't work.
Analyzing prices, we have come to the conclusion that this service may be the cheapest of all if booked on a long term basis. Below are the prices, which may change slightly from time to time:
- 24 months plan at $3.69 per month;
- 12 months package at $5.99 per month;
- A single month plan for $12.99 per month;
Installing a VPN on the PC for a Fortnite To install a new VPN on your PC for playing Fortnite is a short process. Open your internet browser and follow the instructions:
- Open VPN service provider’s website.
- Sign up.
- You will get a username and password by email.
- Download VPN application.
- Install the package on your computer.
- Login with the same username and password you got.
- Chooce the fastest VPN server (button).
- Go back to Fortnite gameplay and win the battle.
The process of installing a VPN application is as basic as any application. You will spend about 5 minutes fully installing the software and changing your IP address to another. If you see that you are not satisfied with the VPN service, you can cancel it within 30 days.
Set up a VPN on PS4 and Xbox and Play Fortnite
If you don’t know how to set up your PS4 or XBOX with the VPN, this video will help you to do it. All you need to do is create new DNS addresses and connect it to ExpressVPN account. Also, you might share a VPN secured connection via Router, PC, MAC or Smartphone. In this case, you need to install a VPN to a selected device and turn-on the “WI-FI sharing”. https://youtu.be/TruNuF_GEVY https://youtu.be/XXp_3THUDFY
Free VPN cannot unblock Fornite anymore
Many users ask this question and the answer is NO, it is not possible. All the most popular free VPN services are already banned by the servers of Fortnite. Also, there is the dark side of using a free VPN service which users don’t know. So we will explain it.
Let’s say, you have decided to install a free VPN software on your computer. Mostly, a free VPN service is based on a community network which shares resources between each other. In other words, your computer becomes a botnet for P2P sharing among other users. Your PC will start sharing its resources and internet speed.
a free service does not provide you any encryption and makes it more accessible for the hackers, while it works as a community botnet.
Moreover, it collects your browsing history and sells it to third-party marketing agencies and data traders.
The other benefits of a VPN, instead of playing Fortnite
For those who don’t know what VPN is, we will remind it shortly. VPN stands for Virtual Private Network and it is a service, which let you make a connection to the desired server or website via the third server. When you are connecting to a Fortnite server via VPN, the game server cannot see your home IP address but see only a VPN’s IP address. Students and schoolchildren have found a VPN a great tool to unblock Fortnite at school, university or library while on the go. Moreover, VPN is used to unblock not even Fortnite. Many users use it for:
- While you are on the go by securing your connection in public Wi-Fi hotspots;
- For entertainment watch, IP TV, unblock Netflix, Instagram,
- Unblock video chats like Omegle, Chat Roulette or Chat Alternative;
- Using for torrenting;
- Protect home devices, like smart TVs;
- Watching privacy sensitive websites for adults.
The best thing while using a VPN is that your browsing data is encrypted by the military-grade algorithms and nobody can see what websites you were visiting, how much time you spent on it and so on. In other words, you get full anonymity: changed IP and encrypted browsing history.
2. Unblock Fortnite by Contacting the support team
You can try to contact Epic Games support center and fill up the appeal form. There is not guarantee that you will get unbanned, but you can give a shot.
- Open the support page: https://epicgames.helpshift.com/a/fortnite/
- Press the button “Contact US” in the top right corner;
- The contact form will appear.
- Fill up all required fields and Use the drop-down selection that best describes your inquiry. Select – “Unable to Login to Epic Games Account”
- Briefly describe the problem
fill up the form to get unbanned from fortnite It might take up to 4 weeks to get the response and as we have mentioned before, there is no guarantee that your account will be unbanned.
Avoid getting banned on Fortnite by keeping the simple rules
There are some reasons listed bellow which could lead you to the ban. Check them all to avoid new bans in the future.
- Slow internet connection – We have been playing Fortnite for a very long time at our office and we have been banned twice. Both times it was a temporary ban due to our slow internet connection. The slow connection to the Fortnite servers made our game unstable and we were dropped out of it. As far as we know, it is one of the most favorite problem wit Fortnite. We thin, that this problem is considering with the internet throttling because after we started to use ExpressVPN, the problem disappeared. As we already know, VPN helps to stop ISP from throttle the internet.
- Cheating – If you are the smart one gamer, you should like to cheat sometimes. There is bad news. Fortnite doesn’t like cheaters, and they have developed the algorithms which detect cheaters and blocks them. As far as we know, you will get a permanent ban for cheating for your whole account and IP address. So we would not recommend you to do that, expect you have a VPN and switch your IP after you got banned. Grouping up with other users in the solo game is not tolerated as well.One of the users commented on the internet:“I use cheating software(that I created) all the time on Fortnite and I’ve never gotten caught. I’ve won quite a few online tournaments. I’ve won cash(over 80k), gaming PCs, VBucks, etc. the list goes on and on. People should keep quiet as I do and just play their game. I would never give my software away for free either.”
- Exploiting and using a glitches – There are many bugs, glitches and exploits in a Fortnite and thousands of users were banned for using them to get the advantage during the battle. For example, if you use an “aimbot” you will deserve a big fat ban hammer. Some glitches were exploited by the players accidentally as part of the game. Unfortunately, those users who were using the glitches were banned as unfair players.
- Using Proxy or VPN – Fortnite is blocking users who are using Proxy servers and VPN to bypass the geo-block. It means, that if you live in Europe, you will play Fortnite in the European server. It is because of better speed and performance in the same region. Some users like to play Fortnite in the different continents and are using Proxies and VPNs to bypass those restrictions. Might be that Fortnite has developed the VPN detection system which detects and blocks them. Our tested and recommended VPN works fine with Fortnite.
- Data Mining problems – There were and other cases of Fortnite bans regarded to the data miners and the leak of information, but I think it is not the case for the majority of players.
- Inappropriate Behavior – If you will act like an animal, you'll be banned very quickly from Fortnite. Racism, hate speech, and other bad words that can offend another person are not tolerated.
- Account sharing – Account sharing is not tolerated for 100%. For that reason you might earn the permanent ban. Better don't do that.
- Buying V-Bucks from unofficial sources – If you are going to save some money and buy some V-bucks from unofficial sources – banned.
The types of Fortnite bans
The algorithm of the Fortnite ban is very simple, if you don’t follow the rules, your IP or username will get banned. It means, that you cannot connect to the Fortnite servers from your place after you get banned(home or office). How to get unbanned from Fortnite? The only thing that can help you fast is a VPN. It will change your IP address and you will be able to connect again. There are two types of Fortnite bans:
- IP Ban – This type of ban usually is placed when users were caught playing Fortnite via VPN servers. In this case, your ban is temporary and based on an IP address. The best way to recover your access to Fortnite is to change an IP address by using a new VPN.
- IP and username ban – This type of ban is more complicated and used for cheating and offensive language. If you were cheating, using game glitches, or offended other players, the system will ban your IP and your username.
In this case, it is more complicated to regain your access to Fortnite. You can try to contact the support team and wait 4 weeks for the reply or you can create a new account and use a new VPN service to make it fast.
Of course, you will not find all your weapons, items and money in the new account, but you will be able to play it again.
If you want to play Fortnite without getting banned, you should avoid cheating, slow internet connection or using exploits if find during the gameplay. If you got banned, the fastest way to get unbanned from Fortnite is to use a VPN. Below is the table of the best VPN which works perfectly with Fortnite. You can try them for free up to 45 days, because of the money-back guarantee. At the end of the 45 days, you can request a refund and return your money. You can repeat this process as much as you want and use it for free all the round year. If you have a possibility, it is better to obtain the VPN for a longer time of period (2-3 years) and you will forget for all those problems. Moreover, you will enjoy an encrypted connection and internet freedom.
What Fortnite is?
For those who still don’t’ know what Fortnite is, we will explain it shortly. Fortnite is an on online shooter and survival game where you must fight for yourself in the virtual world. Fortnite is an online shooter game which was developed in 2017. The author of this fantastic game is “Epic Games”. The game is available in three modes:
- Save the World – a cooperative shooter-survival game for up to four players to fight off zombie-like creatures and defend objects with fortifications they can build,
- Fortnite Battle Royale, a free-to-play battle royal game where up to 100 players fight to be the last person standing
- Fortnite Creative, where players are given complete freedom to create worlds and battle arenas.
The first two game modes were released in 2017 as early access titles and Creative was released on December 6, 2018. Save the World is available only for Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, while Battle Royale has been released for those platforms and additionally for Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android devices