If you are the person who likes to watch movies and TV series for free, you may already know what Putlockers is. Here you can find entertainment media, videos, and TV series. The best part that you can get everything for free. The only problem is that all the shared content is illegal, and you might get in trouble for breaking the copyright law. If you want to do it safely, you should use a decent VPN service to protect yourself. In this article, we are going to review the best VPNs for streaming videos on Putlockers.
If you don't have much time to read an entire article, there is a summary of the best VPNs for Putlockers:
- ExpressVPN – one of the best VPNs in the market, which can offer ultra-fast connection, military-grade data encryption, and great support. Suits entirely for streaming videos from Putlockers or other similar platforms.
- NordVPN – another excellent VPN for streaming videos or torrenting. High quality and price ratio for smart users.
- CyberGhostVPN – this VPN offers excellent pricing options for savvy users. It doesn't mean that the quality of a cheap VPN is worse than the expensive one. Try it, and you will be satisfied.
Some interesting facts about Putlockers
Putlockers considered being as one of the most popular video-sharing platforms in the world. It was launched in 2010 by an unknown group of developers from the United Kingdom. Since the launch, its popularity was overgrowing. It was generating more than a million unique visitors every day. According to the results of the Alexa website ranking platform, it was ranked among 250 most visited websites in the world.
Later on, in 2016, it was blocked by the British court, due to violation of the copyright law. Later on, it has appeared on the different domain names again. Since then, many governmental institutions were fighting the Putlockers and trying to terminate it. Many times it was blocked, but every time Putlockers did appear with the different domain names and server locations.
According to Wikipedia, a guy from California, by the name of Trevon Maurice, pleaded guilty to violating federal copyright. He has downloaded a movie from Putlockers and shared it on Facebook before it appears in the Cinema theatres. As a result, he could be fined for 100 000 USD and one year in prison. Thankfully, the judge was merciful and was sentenced to 24 days in federal detention. Also, he was followed by a year of supervised release. Additionally, he got 20 hours of community service per week. He could avoid all those troubles if he were using a VPN.
What VPN is?
Some people still don't know what VPN is so that we will explain it briefly. If you already know enough about it, you can skip this paragraph to the second one.
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It is a service that can change your IP address and encrypt your browsing data. That means that nobody can track your real IP address since and see what websites you are visiting.
VPN creates an intermediate connection between you and the website you are connecting. Some people say that it works as a tunnel. For example, if you would connect from Canada to the American VPN server, your IP would become the American one. Also, your traffic would be encrypted, and your Internet service provider (ISP), the government, and hacker could not read your browsing data. In other words, VPN gives you anonymity and freedom on the internet.
There are free VPNs and paid VPN on the market. We would not recommend you to use free VPN. There are many reasons why you should avoid them, and we will discuss it in this article. Keep on reading, and you will understand what you should look at in a VPN for Putlockers.
What features should a VPN have for streaming videos from Putlockers?
There are so many various VPN on the market that it is getting difficult to choose the right one without having the required knowledge. We are constantly testing various VPN service providers, and we did prepare some useful information for you.
If you decide to watch movies and TV series on Putlockers, you should change your IP before connecting to it. All the VPNs can do that, but there is some more what you might don't know.
Many VPN services reduce internet speed by half. It happens because of outdated IT infrastructure and data encryption algorithms. Just imagine that you have not the best internet at home and VPN will reduce it double. It will be almost impossible to stream online video, or the quality will be inferior. So we recommend choosing those VPN service providers who are capable of giving you an ultra-fast connection.
One of the essential features for a decent VPN is the “no-log” feature. It means that your VPN service provider does not track your activity on the internet and does not log it in files. In places like the United States, Canada, Europe government is fighting with cybercrimes. If the headquarter of a VPN company is located in such countries, they must log all users' activity on log files. In the case of the cybercrime, special agents can ask the VPN Company to show the log file of the particular user. The same can happen with people who break the copyright law. If you don't want to put yourself in a risk, choose a best no-log VPN.
If a VPN service provider doesn't know your information details, it is harder to track you down. When you pay by the credit card or PayPal, you disclose all your identity. For 100% anonymity, we would recommend paying with Bitcoins or another cryptocurrency.
Security and privacy
You should look for the VPN service providers which offer OpenVPN 256-AES bit encryption. This data encryption algorithm considers being one of the safest and fastest nowadays. It will make sure that your data will not be readable to anybody. Also, it won't slow down your internet that much.
Another vital function is “Kill Switch.” Maybe it sounds strange, but what it does is crucial for streaming videos from sites like Putlockers. Kill Switch terminates internet connection automatically if the link to VPN was lost. Just imagine that you are streaming copyrighted videos from Putlockers, and a VPN has dropped a connection. Your PC will automatically make an unencrypted connection, and you will expose your real IP and location. What happens next?
– Who's there?
– Its Police, open the doors.
Nobody wants to get in trouble for breaking the copyright law. So use a VPN with the “Kill Switch” function.
Another crucial function is “DNS leak” protection. It might refer to a security flaw that allows DNS requests to be revealed to ISP DNS servers. This function will make sure not this to happen.
What about the free VPN for Putlockers?
As it was mentioned before, we strictly advice beware of the free VPN services. It might look very attractive and charming, but keep on reading, and you will understand what the dark side of the free VPN services is.
- No data encryption – free VPN service will not offer you data encryption. It means that your data might be readable to internet service providers, governmental institutions, or even hackers.
- They log and sell your browsing data – free VPN services like Hola, gathers, aggregates, and sells logged data to third party companies like marketing agencies, data traders, or others. They must make money somehow.
- Your PC might turn in to the network botnet – mostly a free VPN service is based on the community network. It means that if you want to use a free VPN, you also must share some resources of your computer with other users. It might be that cybercrime can be done from your IP. How do you like that?
- No support – free VPN service cannot give you support free. That's why there is no support.
- Limited bandwidth – the more significant part of VPN service providers gives you up to 5-10GB of bandwidth, so it does not suit those who want streaming videos from Putlockers.
- Sow internet connection – also, a free VPN service will not provide you a fast internet connection. It is almost impossible to stream videos online with a slow internet connection.
- Annoying ads – if you will start using a free VPN service, you will notify many annoying pop-up ads after some time. For example, you a reading an interesting article or an e-book, and time by time pop-up appears on the screen. How do you like that?
- Server selection – finally, a free VPN service offers minimal server selection. It might be only up to 4 servers. As a rule, those servers are not in the United States, Canada, or Europe. Mostly it is very slow servers from Africa or South America.
As you see from the long list, there is no reason to start using a free VPN server. In some cases, it might be dangerous using it.
|Options||free VPN||paid VPN|
|Changes your IP|
|Fast internet connection|
|No-logs, no tracking|
|No annoying ads|
|Wide range of server selection|
Best VPN for Putlockers
Our top selections list for the best VPN for Putlockers is short. We put only the best VPN providers. We believe that those three providers are the most worth to be on our top list.
You might already know, that ExpressVPN is a very popular service around the globe and trusted by thousands of users. Maybe this VPN is not the cheapest, but we can admit that the price is worth quality. With this VPN you can be sure that the connection speed will be perfect from any point of the world.
You don't need to worry about privacy and security. The encryption level is amazing and it does not affect the connection speed at all. You can browse adult websites, unblock Netflix, Netflix, Amazon Prime, do banking tasks without the fear.
Express VPN supports multi-device function and can work on various operating systems and devices: Windows, iOS, Mac, Android, Linux, open-source routers, BlackBerrys, Kindle Fire, Chromebooks, Barnes & Noble Nook tablets, Apple TV, Fire TV, PlayStation, Android TV box and others.
Moreover, there are available add-ons for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari for even better browsing experience.
Also, you don't need to worry about the bandwidth, which is unlimited. No additional fee for every single option.
So this VPN we would consider as one of the best VPN for online streaming (Netflix, Netflix).
|Compatible with many devices and platforms||High price|
|High level of security||Configuration limits|
|24/7 customer service||No ad blocker|
It is also important to mention that you have the choice of 30-day money-back guarantee, so there are literally no risks to the user – you can get your money back if something goes wrong.
Everybody likes NordVPN for a very friendly and modern user interface. It offers a wide range of server locations around the world. NordVPN servers are located in 62 different countries and contain more than 5000 servers.
Nord Virtual Private Network is a great choice for those who want to visit sites that are unavailable in their own country (for example porn websites) and to stream video (Netflix, Netflix).
We are have picked NordVPN as the second best VPN for streaming video online.
The main features of NordVPN:
- NordVPN secures user internet activity from hackers and malicious software, including Ad Blocker. In order to have the highest possible level of security, this VPN uses double data encryption. In other words, the data that goes between your device and the server is encrypted twice using Double VPN technology. The features include Military-grade Encryption, CyberSec, and Double VPN.
- Privacy protection features ensure that no one can track users’ online activity. The features include a Strict no logs policy, Automatic Kill Switch, DNS leak protection, and Onion Over VPN.
- NordVPN allows users to bypass geographical restrictions and censorship. It offers more than 5000 servers worldwide, Streaming, SmartPlay, P2P and speed features.
- The VPN also offers apps across all the major platforms and multiple devices, as well as extensions for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
NordVPN is compatible with Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android TV, Linux. It has browser add-ons for Google Chrome and Firefox. The VPN service also supports Windows Phone, open-source and branded routers.
Wide geographical reaches
Performance hits and drop connections
Double VPN for twice the encryption
A monthly plan might seem expensive
User-friendly and pleasant interface
Not clear ownership
CyberGhost is another great VPN service which suits perfectly for streaming online video and browsing adult websites. We like CyberGhost for its reasonable price and great quality. It is not worse than ExpressVPN or NordVPN. The main difference is fewer server locations and servers.
Also, we should admit, that the interface of CyberGhost is just great and might be one of the best in the market.
CyberghostVPN has multi-level encryption and you can choose the best for your needs: PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, and IKEv2/IPSec.
Offering one of the widest geographical reaches
Performance hits and slowdowns
A very informative user interface
Not many personalized options
Easy setup and quick to start
Rough reviews by third-parties
We always recommend to watch movies legally, and you will not have any problems. But if you have decided to stream videos from Putlockers, you must use a VPN. Otherwise, you might get in trouble with the law. If you have read all the articles, you already know that a free VPN is a terrible solution for this purpose. Also, you already know what features and functions a decent VPN should have. Below this paragraph, there is a table with the technical characteristics of the best VPNs for Putlockers. You can choose any of them, and you will not get disappointed.
How to set up a new VPN?
To set up a VPN it is a simple process and you don’t need any special computer knowledge. You just need to pick up a desired VPN provider and do the following steps. You are not risking, because of 30 days money back guaranty.
- Go to VPN service provider website: ExpressVPN, NordVPN or CyberGhostVPN
- Subscribe to service. You will receive a username and password.
- Press download the VPN software.
- Install it on your computers or smart devices or router.
- Enter username and password.
- Press Connect to the VPN server.
This process will take for you around 2 minutes. You will have 30 days money back guaranty if you will not be satisfied with the service. I think that you will be satisfied because we have picked only those VPNs which are trustful and worth attention.
Where else VPN is used for?
VPN is a great tool for those who travel a lot. For example, if you going on a vacation and late in the evening you would like to watch some British humor at BBC iPlayer from the hotel of GranCanaria. No problem, it will work fine.
Also, VNN is great to do some banking tasks while you are on the go and often using public wi-fi hotspots. Hackers are waiting in such a places victims like you. It is super easy for them to read your banking or credit card details and steal your money. VPN encrypts all your internet traffic and hackers cannot read it anymore.
Many people are using VPN for gaming. For example, if you would like to play “Fornite” with USA folks, but location restrictions will not you do that. You already know what to do. Just change your IP with the help of a VPN to the American one and go ahead.
Another group pf people are using VPNs for watching American Netflix, Hulu, Sling or other IPTV services on their smart TVs. Moreover, it used with an Amazon Fire TV stick. VPN is a great option to cut the cord with your cable TV provider and start streaming television over the internet.
The most popular pattern of VPN usage is torrenting. In many countries torrenting is illegal, but people still want free movies, software, and music. VPN is a great tool for safe torrenting.
There are much more ways how you can use a VPN, it depends on your creativity. In one sentence we can say, that VPN gives you freedom of internet usage without traces of your presence.
Our security team at Reviewed by Pro constantly tests new products in order to provide you with up-to-date information and reviews of the latest Internet security and antivirus applications, privacy solutions, recovery tools, and other utilities, not just for your Windows PC, but also for your Mac and Android devices.