How to Watch American Netflix in China?
In this article, we will teach you how to unblock and watch American Netflix in China in 2020. Of course the only way to do it is with the best VPN for China. As you might know, China’s government has applied a wide specter of internet censorship on all their citizens many years ago. You cannot use in China Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Hulu, and many other websites or applications. Despite that that China is blocking everything, including and Netflix, there is also one more thing you need to know. Netflix also doesn’t want to show their content to China citizens and they are using content geographical restrictions.
The only way to watch Netflix from China is with a reliable VPN (tested in 2020)
This section is for those readers, who have little time to spare and need only a summarized version of the article:
- ExpressVPN: High-end encryption with a wide variety of servers and the ability to unblock Netflix US from anywhere in the world
- NordVPN: A VPN with super-fast internet speed capability. It has over 5000 servers that can unlock any type of restricted content at any time. The no-log policy goes well with the CyberSec feature(anti-phishing tool)
- CyberGhostVPN: Operates from Romania and covers more servers in more than 90 countries with high-level encryption, the ability to unblock Netflix US, and high-speed internet.
1. ExpressVPN – the fastest VPN service that is perfect for streaming videos on Netflix, especially from China
|Price from||$6.67 (-49% deal)|
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||ExpressVPN review|
Express started out in 2009 and quickly became a legend among all the VPN providers by gaining the trust of its subscribers and new customers each day. It comes from the British Virgin Islands, which makes it able to operate outside the “Five Eyes” alliance and offer a strict no-log policy for everyone.
Several factors make ExpressVPN the number VPN service top open Netflix US in China or any parts of the world. But the main reason is that there is no other VPN in the world that offers the level of server coverage that ExpressVPN offers. Its excellent infrastructure covers as high as 94 countries worldwide with a wide variety of high-speed servers(3000+) that make sure that you watch Netflix in high definition.
After the due speed testing, we found out the ranges from a high as 101 Mbps on a fiber optic internet connection with no latency issues whatsoever. The main reason for high-quality internet connection speed is that Express invests in servers more than anyone!
Furthermore, it offers apps for the following platforms and devices to keep up with the convenience and the opportunity for you to watch Netflix USA anywhere you like. They are as follows: Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Smart TVs including, Android TV, Apple TV, and Fire TV. Also, it works with Pre-configured routers and gaming consoles
Other offering data encryption in 256-bit AES encryption, there are other security features that ExpressVPN provides to keep the cybercriminals and government surveillance at bay. The highlights for additional privacy are as follows:
- IPSec and PPTP protocols
- Kill switch and DNS leak protection
It allows you to share your account details with your friends and family on 5 different devices simultaneously, which plays a big part in reducing your budget constraints. Moreover, if you face any difficulty in regards to the VPN, Express’ 24/7 customer support can help you deal with it quickly and efficiently.
Express offers three different subscription plans for the potential customer with a 30-day refund guarantee, which are as follows:
- $9.99/month for the 6-month plan
- $8.32/month for a yearly plan.
|Compatible with many devices and platforms||High price|
|High level of security||Configuration limits|
|24/7 customer service||No ad blocker|
2. NordVPN – secure and fast VPN for streaming Netflix from any country
|Price from||$3.49 (-70% deal)
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||NordVPN review|
The second VPN in our list of top VPNs to unlock American Netflix in China is NordVPN, which established in 2012 and came from Panama. It is a central-American country which is a tax-haven and does not have any connection with the five-eyes alliance. The VPN maintains the no-log policy so that no one could access your data other than you.
Not only Nord can bypass any sort of geo-blockage, but it can unlock any content or streaming platforms like Netflix US, HBO GO, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and others. It doesn’t matter if you live in China or any other part of the world; it will unlock anything you wish to open at any time.
You can access its 5000+ servers spread across 60 countries with high-speed internet, which allows playing any game you like with complete anonymity and zero network latency.
Native apps are available for the following platforms and devices, which provides you the means to use the VPN anywhere and places where you have no other choice than using public Wi-Fi.
The platforms for which you can download the Nord app are as follows:
- Smart TVs apps for Android TV, Apple+ TV, and Amazon Fire TV
The security features include a kill switch to keep your internet protected at all times, especially in the circumstances where there is a chance for an online virus/malware attack from cyberattackers. Other features are as follows:
- 256-bit AES high-level encryption
- Dedicated IP
- IPSec and PPTP protocols
- DNS leak protection
You can share your account among your 5 friends and use the service on 6 different devices at the same time. Once you subscribe to the service, you get their full 24/7 customer support service along with other offline means such as email ticketing service and FAQs.
Nord has three simple subscription plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee offer. Here are its packages:
- $3.49/month for 3-years
- $4.99/month for 2-years
- $6.99/month for 1-year
Wide geographical reaches
Performance hits and drop connections
Double VPN for twice the encryption
A monthly plan might seem expensive
User-friendly and pleasant interface
Not clear ownership
3. CyberGhostVPN – it can unblock any website that is blocked in China, including and Netflix
|Price from||$2.75 (-80% deal)
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||CyberGhost review|
Founded in Bucharest, Romania, in 2004, CyberGhostVPN later got acquired by Kape Technologies, which landed it on the map and allowed it to become the top-tier VPN it is today. You can unlock any content and bypass any geo-restrictions to access any content you want. It is due to the VPN's extensive range of 5800 VPN servers in over 90 countries, that offer you the chance to stream Netflix USA and other platforms like Disney+, HBO GO, and Amazon Prime with just one click.
The security features involve a stringent no-log policy, which is protected by the laws of Romania, a country that falls outside the jurisdiction of the five eyes alliance and does not comply with any of their policies. Other main privacy features are listed below:
- 256-but encryption
- PPTP and L2TP/IPSec
- An automatic kill switch
It offers a 24/7 customer care service and native apps for the following platforms, which are as follows:
It provides the following subscription packages for the potential customer along with a worthy 45-day money-back guarantee:
- $3.69/month for 2-years
- $5.99/month for 1-years
- $12.99 for each month
Offering one of the widest geographical reaches
Performance hits and slowdowns
A very informative user interface
Not many personalized options
Easy setup and quick to start
Rough reviews by third-parties
Netflix is using Geo-Blocking algorithms to prevent citizens of China to access their servers in the U.S.
Geo-blocking is the algorithm that prevents the users of a specific region in the world from using or accessing the content available at the platform. Sites like Netflix US, which has more content than any other regional Netflix, does not allow people living outside the USA to watch its content. Other websites that follow the same restriction protocol is Disney+, Hulu, and others.
It is since there are several other channels and streaming platforms in the world that possess the right to broadcast some specific content in that region. These services follow the protocol and allow the rightful owners of the broadcasting rights to collect the revenue.
But sometimes the level of quality is not the same, and content that they offer often comes with ads and other things. However, if you wish to avoid such a hassle, the best thing you can do is to use a VPN that has the capacity to bypass any level of geo-blocking.
Many users from China would like to use Netflix, but they don’t know how to bypass those restrictions, watch and unblock Netflix.
The best way to bypass geo-block is a VPN. Read further and you will learn to solve the problem mentioned above.
Unblock Netflix in China with a VPN
Netflix became one of the most popular online media streaming providers around the globe. The number of users has increased dramatically during the last years. At the moment Netflix entertainment services are used by more than 150 million users and many users.The service has become available in many countries around the world: North and South America, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Europe. Unfortunately, it is still not available in many countries, including China.
Some people still don’t know what VPN is, so we will remind it shortly. VPN (a virtual private network) is a service which allows users to use third-party servers which will forward your connection to the desired website or online service. VPNs are located around the world and you can connect to any of them. The VPN connection will change your IP address. It means that if you live in China and you will connect to American VPN server, your IP will be changed to the American one. Your IP will become American and you will unblock Netflix in China.
Moreover, VPN encrypts your data and protects your privacy (not like free VPNs). Internet service providers and government authorities cannot see what you are doing on the internet. It’s no matter if you are watching Netflix in China, downloading torrents or visiting porn websites, your connection is encrypted, your IP is changed, nobody can track you down. You can unblock not only Netflix in China but and other well-known online media service providers like YouTube TV, Hulu and so on.
Also, it is worth to mention, that some VPN services can clean your traffic from malware and viruses. So you don’t need antivirus software. How cools is that?
VPN can give you more possibilities in China
VPN could be using various reasons and it can help you:
- While you are on the go by securing your connection in public Wi-Fi hotspots;
- For entertainment watch IP TV, unblock Netflix, Instagram
- Using for torrenting;
- Protect home devices, like smart TVs;
- Watching privacy sensitive websites for adults.
Before we didn’t even hear about the VPN, but nowadays many users cannot imagine their internet without a VPN service. Especially those people who live in the countries where laws are very strict and content censorship is in the first place (China, South Korea, Iran and so on).
Netflix is not working with a free VPN in China
There are many free VPN services on the market where you can use and watch Netflix from China. Sounds great, right? But listen up, there are some hidden things that you need to know about the free VPNs.
The reasons, why you should not use a free VPN:
- Security at the last place – free VPN service providers will not take the risk for your security guarantees and you never know where your data can leak. Those companies must make money somehow, right? So far as we know, free VPN companies are selling their customers’ gathered data to third-party advertising companies. Third-party companies will find the way how to reach you out and show you some ads.
- Anonymity – 100% of free VPN service companies are tracking and logging their users’ activity on the internet. Also, it is known that many free VPN companies divert their users’ traffic to your connection. How do you like that?
- Speed and connection – free VPN service is good only for simple browsing, but not streaming video online. The upload and download speed is awfully slow and I consider it as a wait of time.
- Encryption – you should not expect a high level of data encryption. We have seen some free VPN service providers which are not encrypting data at all. What does it mean? It means, that they can log all your bank account passwords, social and email accounts. So be careful with those free VPNs.
- Bandwidth limits – Many free VPN service providers are limiting bandwidth and it means that you might watch only a quarter of your favorite movie. Sounds great? Give it a shot!
So if don’t believe us, you can try it by yourself and if you will be happy with the services, we would like to report us that service. We also would like to test it from a different point of view.
Must-Haves of a VPN to watch Netflix in China:
In this section, we are going to discuss the key features of a good VPN that should dictate your thought process and the final decision regarding which VPN to buy:
- Internet connection speed – Internet speed varies from server to server, but it should be good enough to unlock any video on Netflix with high-quality. It should also give you enough firepower to play any game you want without any disruption or high latency. You can check the speeds for yourself from any speed testing site like https://fast.com/.
- Bandwidth limitation – some of the VPN service providers are limiting downloaded data. These kind of VPNs are not suitable for streaming online video, because after 2-3 days the service will be suspended. We have picked those VPNs which are not limiting downloads and uploads. In this case, you will not need to worry about how many hours you can watch online TV.
- Multi-device support – We all use different gadgets with unique operating systems. It is essential to access Netflix wherever you wish to watch anything from it. Such things can only become possible for you if the VPN you use has the native app support for your smartphone or any portable device.
- Cross-platform support –It is highly inconvenient if you want to watch something, and your family members living in the same house want to use the VPN on their device for another purpose. Many VPNs allow you to use more than 1 device with the same account credentials at the same time to avoid things like the one mentioned above from happening. It is up to you and your research skills to check this specific attribute within the VPN.
- Customer support – Picture a scenario where you get into some technical difficulty with your VPN and have trouble connecting your device with it and find no place to turn to for help. During such circumstances, a customer care service of the VPN comes in handy that offers the necessary insight into the problem and help you in fixing it. The only way it can help you that the service should be 24/7 and compromises other offline means to provides simple assistance.
- Price – There is nothing important for the user who has budgetary constraints than the price of the VPN he is about to purchase. A VPN should not be too expensive, that is far from the reach of the common man. Although prices may vary from each VPN, you should be smart in selecting any package. And if more than one person is willing to share the fee, then it enables you to get the best package with the best features. You can calculate the prices for the multiple device support by just dividing the total cost of the package with the number of devices supported by the VPN: The formula is as follows: Full Price /Number of Supported devices = Price per 1 device
If you want to enjoy while watching Netflix in China, you should buy the best VPN for it. As you can see from the article, we did a wide range of research and did many tests. We have picked for you top3 best VPN solutions, so you need just to pick one of the three. Also, check our section about the best no-log VPN.
Set Up a VPN for Netflix in China
There only one thing left to do, and it is set up the VPN on the computer and start using Netflix US at will. Here are the mandatory steps to perform after you subscribe to the service of our top recommended VPNs mentioned above:
- Download the app for your PC and install it
- Once you have installed the app, launch the VPN software on the device
- Enter your designated username and password and click on the “Sign-in” button
- Select any USA server to enable access to Netflix US and click on “Connect.”
That’s it! You are ready for Netflix and chill!