unlock instagram at school
In this article, you will provide the detailed information on how to bypass the restriction on the blocked Instagram website at work, school or university. We are often confronted with a situation where we want to access our Instagram account, but we receive a message that this site is banned or unavailable.
Unblock Instagram at school with a VPN instantly:
- NordVPN – keeps you private and secure with features like CyberSec and Double VPN at the cost of $3.49/month, while opening sites like Instagram without any issue;
- ExpressVPN – ExpressVPN – Open Instagram with a firm encryption protocol available to use any of the 3000+ servers it offers at the price of $6.67/month;
- CyberGhostVPN – Serves your online privacy well with secure encryption and a stringent no-log rule to access banned platforms like Instagram, starting from the price $3.69/month;
- IvacyVPN – Offers you to unblock Instagram with the help of 1000+ servers and a Dedicated IP at $2.25/month;
- ProtonVPN – With its ever-growing network of servers, you can open and browse Instagram by subscribing to the service for just $4/month;
Tested and trusted ways to unblock Instagram at school in 2020
We did prepare all the impossible ways to get access to the blocked Instagram website at your school. Try every method, and you will get to Instagram for sure.
1. VPN is the best way to unblock any site at school including Instagram
If you do not feel at ease with opening Instagram through the Tor browser and wish for an alternative that can help you in access the platform both through the browser and the app, then you should think of getting a VPN.
A Virtual Private Network(VPN) can mask your identity and offer you complete anonymity online by changing your IP address. It also protects your online activity through different encryption methods and keeps you protected by blocking any malware, adware, spyware, and Wi-Fi sniffing attempt at your device. It does all that while not keeping even a single log of your daily internet endeavors.
Additionally, much like freedom of speech, internet freedom is not universal in certain parts of the world. The government in those regions block access towards platforms like Google, Youtube, and other social media sites. A VPN bypasses any such limitations like a piece of cake and allows the citizens living in those areas to open any website they wish to use.
So, if you have the complete intention to hide what you do on the internet from the eyes of your ISP, authorities in power, and data thieves, then the wisest thing you can do is opt for the service of a reliable VPN.
After acknowledging the truth behind the fact on the importance of a VPN and its utilities, the next step in unblocking Instagram and other apps is to understand the best VPNs for Instagram. In this part of the guide, we are going to share with you the names of 5 of the best VPNs, along with their coverage of servers, their native app support, and lastly the price plans.
1. ExpressVPN – it a fast and realiable service that can change your IP and Unblock Instagram
If you do not wish to use a proxy server or the Tor browser to open Instagram, no matter where you are and want to keep the whole experience private and secure, then using ExpressVPN is the way to go. You can achieve not only that, but you’ll be able to open any other platform, that anyone deems impenetrable.
ExpressVPN offers such promises and delivers them to you through its broad network of 3000 servers, spread out in 94 countries and counting. Each of which has the power to open Netflix US from any part of the globe, play and access any video game with no bandwidth limit and internet speed as much as 117mbps.
It all goes well with Express VPNs security features like holding the no-logs policy, not sharing your data with any security agencies, and not complying to the rules of the fourteen-eyes coalition. Other methods that keep you protected from DDoS, malware, and spyware attacks is OpenVPN encryption, DNS leak prevention, and a kill switch.
ExpressVPN also changes your IPs now and then, to keep the servers of banned sites and your ISP from guessing your valid identity.
If you wish to use ExpressVPN on your device, then you would be relieved to know that you can download its app from the official site for platforms such as Android, Windows, macOS, Linux, and iOS. You can also use the VPN on other devices such as a router, gaming console, and smart TVs.
Each of the pricing plans of the ExpressVPN offers you to use a single account on 5 different devices at one time for the convenience of you and your school mates. You can select the plans from the list below:
- 12 months package at $6.67/month with a 30-days refund;
- 6 months package at $9.99/month with a 30-days refund;
- 1-month package at $12.95/month with a 30-days refund;
|Compatible with many devices and platforms||High price|
|High level of security||Configuration limits|
|24/7 customer service||No ad blocker|
2. NordVPN – you can access any site at school with this service
NordVPN offers an accessible app that anyone can use with ease. Unblocking social media apps like Instagram from any part of the world is the least it can do, as you can play your favorite video game, offering you the gateway to regional streaming platforms like Disney+ and Netflix US.
It provides a guaranteed fast speed with no data disruptions whatsoever during your online session through its 5500 servers in 62 countries, covering every continent of the globe.
The particular security methods and utilities that it provides such as anti-phishing, OpenVPN 256-bit encryption, Double VPN, and a kill switch are enough to keep its users safe from virus attacks and other cracks at stealing their data.
No matter if you wish to open Instagram on your School’s PC or an app from your phone, Netflix can bypass any network and geo-restrictions through its native app designed for platforms like Windows, Apple products, Android, and Linux.
You can also use your account on as much as 6 devices at the same time without any worry. If you feel that the app is misbehaving, then through Nord’s extensive customer support service, you can solve the issue in no time.
Here are the three different pricing plans of NordVPN:
- $3.49 per month for 36 months with a 30-days money-back guarantee;
- $4.99 per month for 24 months with a 30-days money-back guarantee;
- $6.99 per month for 12 months with a 30-days money-back guarantee;
Wide geographical reaches
Performance hits and drop connections
Double VPN for twice the encryption
A monthly plan might seem expensive
User-friendly and pleasant interface
Not clear ownership
3. CyberGhostVPN – cheap and secure VPN that also is capalble to bypass the restrictions on Instagram
Through its privately-owned network of 5932 servers in 112 location across 90 countries, you can easily open Instagram and bypass the outdated lock protocols of your school’s internet. These 5900+ servers also can offer high-speed internet with the ability to unblock Netflix US, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video, no matter if you live in North Korea or Timbuktu.
Anyone can intercept your Wi-Fi connection and access your computer, but if you have CyberGhostVPN, then you can save yourself from any such impending problem. Along with Wi-Fi protection, CyberGhostVPN offers facilities such a kill switch to stop your device from becoming unprotected, military-grade encryption, IKEv2, and L2TP to keep cybercriminals at bay.
You can link up 7 devices of the different or same platform simultaneously with just one account. The platforms it supports are Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android-based products, and others.
All of the below-stated packages of CyberGhost have a 45-day return guarantee:
- 24 months plan at $3.69 per month;
- 12 months package at $5.99 per month;
- A single month plan for $12.99 per month;
Offering one of the widest geographical reaches
Performance hits and slowdowns
A very informative user interface
Not many personalized options
Easy setup and quick to start
Rough reviews by third-parties
4. IvacyVPN – the cheapest VPN solution for schoolchildren and students for more security and privacy
Singapore’s IvacyVPN offers 1000+ servers with a steady internet download speed that are accessible from 100 different virtual locations. It can unblock Instagram, along with other blocked services by ignoring where you live, and merely doing the job. If you intend to upload a video on Instagram or Youtube for that matter, then Ivacy’s unlimited data usage offer helps brings that intention into a reality
Ivacy is available on each and every platform there is, including Windows PC, macOS, Android, iOS & Linux, that you can use of 5 devices concurrently at any time and place.
Despite operating from Singapore, Ivacy still holds firm in not sharing any activity logs of its subscribers, unless it is a matter of absolute necessity. This no-log rule is followed by protection protocols such as split tunneling, kill switch,
OpenVPN encryption, and AdBlock. Ivacy also offers protection against malware, spyware, and DDoS attack whenever you open something that you shouldn’t have.
Each of the pricing plans mentioned below gets offered with a 30-day money-back assurance:
- 24 months package at per month;
- 12 months offer at $3.33 per month;
- A 30-day plan with just $9.95 each month;
5. ProtonVPN – solid VPN service to unblock Instagram or any other website
Despite having low numbers that may fail its claim to be on the list of the top VPN to unblock Instagram at school, ProtonVPN has come a long way by enhancing its facilities every day of the year. As of now, Proton has 610 servers in 44 virtual locations, that you can access from any region of the world to open Instagram from school, your home, or your office. Not only that, you can open other banned sites or streaming services like Netflix and Disney with unlimited bandwidth and a good internet connection.
You can open the interface of ProtonVPN on your Windows/macOS/Linux computers as well as your Android/iOS smartphones on a maximum of 10 different devices concurrently.
ProtonVPN is a subsidiary of ProtonMail and operates 1000m below the surface of the world by the scientist at CERN, Switzerland. Followed by the impenetrable infrastructure, you can keep yourself safe online by activating other security methods like a kill switch, DNS leakage prevention, and an OpenVPN encryption. All of them help you remain private online while you play your video game or browse randomly.
You can access each of the three price plans stated below through the means of routine payment procedures or via Bitcoin:
- The Basic Plan for $4 per month – You can open as much as 2 devices simultaneously with it;
- The Plus Plan for $8 per month – You can open as much as 5 devices simultaneously with it;
- The Visionary Plan for $24 per month – You can open as much as 10 devices simultaneously with it;
ProtonVPN offers a 30-days money-back assurance with each of the plans mentioned above.
Setting up a VPN to open Instagram at School
If your school has placed a DNS lock to prevent you from using Instagram through the School computers, then you need to follow our step-by-step instructions to overturn the ban:
- Download the native app of the subscribed VPN on your home PC.
- Copy and Paste the app to any USB that you own.
- Connect that USB drive to your school’s computer and install the app.
- Run the app once you install it and enter your username and password, before signing in to the interface.
- Connect to any server you like and start Instagramming.
2. Unblock Instagram at school with Proxy Server
The easiest way to retrieve a website is by using Proxy Server. A proxy server is a proxy server between your computer and the server you want to access.
The Types of Proxy Servers:
There are numerous proxy servers available that can assist you in bypassing any restricted site or service, but there are three servers that carry the best reputation, and we are going to understand the difference between all of them.
In most cases, the proxy server's IP address is not included in the router blocked IP and site lists, and you can bypass the router's settings. Some routers automatically block the IP addresses of the Proxy server, so try to connect through several different proxy addresses until you can connect to the blocked content.
It should also be borne in mind that when connecting through proxy servers, Internet speeds are most often affected. Of course, it's enough to share photos on Instagram, but if you'd like to share a larger video file, it would take much longer.
- High Anonymity Proxy: Notably known as the “Fully Anonymous Proxy,” it does all the essential functions of the proxy server such as hiding the IP address that a person use to browse through the internet, followed by additional features, such as not identifying itself as a proxy. Such a unique feature makes it look like to the site’s administrator that a regular user is accessing their platform.
- Anonymity Proxy: It can help a user to open restricted sites with limited or zero security by not making the IP address available, but it always leaves its mark behind, and the webmasters can detect its presence. By detecting the mark of the anonymous proxy server, the more advanced servers of the platform like Netflix, detect the pattern and block their access altogether.
- Transparent Proxy: It doesn’t provide the essential security or anonymity one could hope for as it is only able to cache certain websites and revealing the remote computer the real IP address of your device. However, if you are looking to just pass through simple IP bans, then Transparent proxy can serve you well.
You should also note the fact that these IP servers provide an intolerably slow internet connection speed, that is not enough to stream any video or high-quality site.
instagram blocked at school
But if you are looking to use Instagram and upload photos on it, then you can use one of the servers listed below to open Instagram:
All you need to do is open the addresses mentioned above on your browser of choice and start using Instagram, without changing the settings of your computer.
3. TOR browser can change your IP and trick school's router
Tor browser is mainly based on the interface of the Mozilla Firefox browser, but it exceeds the imaginations of what a standard browser can do. With the help of over 7000 of the Tor servers, you can open any site or social media platform, no matter if you are in school or any place else.
tor browser at school
If you wonder, how does the Tor browser escapes from under the radar of your school’s servers, then the answer is that once you access a website, the Tor browser bounces you through many servers, rendering it impossible for the school to find anything out. You also do not need to install the browser on the school computer, as you can run it by connecting a USB that has the Tor browser app stored in it.
It is one of the most accessible open-source software available as you can use it on any of your macOS, Windows, or Linux based computers.
4. Unblock Instagram using SmartDNS
SmartDNS: An alternative way for you to unblock and access Instagram while at school is the use of SmartDNS services. In this case, there is no encryption for you. Nevertheless, you get your DNS altered and this is what makes you free to access previously restricted content.
You can use the SmartDNS on any device, it is easy to set up and typically more affordable than the VPN. You also get faster speed and performance as a whole – without the protective layer that the VPN offers, of course.
5. Unblock Instagram using Phone‘s internet connection
Let‘s say you are using your Laptop at the school‘s library and you want to check what is going on facebook. Normally the local Wifi connection is blocking Instagram and other social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube and so on. What to do? Just enable on your smartphone tethering connection.
tethering wifi school instagram
Your phone‘s IP is not blocked, you can connect your phones wifi and browse the internet. You can find here how to enable shared wifi network on your phone: https://www.androidpit.com/share-wifi-over-bluetooth
6. Bypass Instagram ban at school with OperaVPN
There is another trusted way to unblock Instagram at school for free with OperaVPN. What you need to do is install on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop opera browser and download OperaVPN from google play. It is an absolutely free service that can change your IP and unblock Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or any other website in the places where it is restricted. The main thing that you need to know that OperaVPN provides a very limited server selection list, and it works very slowly. If you have time to wait while the images from the Instagram server will be downloaded, it is ok; otherwise we would recommend using a paid and professional VPN service.
The reasons your school authorities blocked Instagram
This is because the educational institution's authority or employer wants to protect their pupils or employees from distraction. For employers, it is useful when we cannot access social networking accounts because then we spend more time on daily work.There is a similar situation in schools, where students are technically forbidden to access their Instagram account, online bullying, and distraction lessons. Also, students often cannot concentrate, share information, photos, or other media files of dubious value.
This seems to be a certain constraint on civil rights, but many people face such restrictions on a daily basis. However, sooner or later there is a way to solve the problem. There is also blocking of your Instagram account.
school is blocking instagram
The easiest way to keep access to the desired site, including Instagram, is to change the router settings. Nowadays, the system administrator can easily connect to the router settings and easily override any desired sites or IP addresses that connect to the specified site. Just a few button clicks and Instagram or any other site in your school or workplace are blocked. There are ways to bypass this type of blocking and they will all be listed in this article, so read on. You will not only learn how to bypass blocking on Instagram but also on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube and other popular sites.
So now you are the master of privacy and security and now you can unblock Instagram at your school, university or office. Try to use all the step from the beginning. If you want a really fast connection and 100% to unlock all the social networks, use VPN service.