best cheap vpn
“I want to use a VPN on my computer to access blocked content, but I have a limited budget. Are there any VPNs available in the market with cheap rates and high-quality?
Although present technology has made our lives easier and more accessible, it certainly comes with a cost, which not everyone can afford. The same goes for a VPN, knowing what a VPN brings to the table and how essential it is to manage your security and privacy, the developers tend to put a hefty price tag on their product.
In the free-market, you are required to pay a substantial sum for a product of high-level quality. However, some VPNs provide free or cheap service with limited features. But a good VPN software doesn’t need to be expensive, as there are several first-class VPN providers available in the market with affordable rates that anyone can purchase. Other than that, during each festival season, developers release exclusive deals for their product at a much lower price.
Stay and find out our 5 highly suggested, high-quality and cheap VPNs in 2019.
If you do not have enough time to read our article, you can view our summary of the most affordable and high-quality VPNs
- CyberGhost: It allows you to connect 7 devices simultaneously with the same account. It offers super-fast speed and server coverage in 60 countries at a small price of $2.75/month.
- NordVPN: It is available in more than 60 countries with an offer to connect 6 devices under a single username at a mere price of $1.99/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- IvacyVPN: It is the cheapest VPN on the list, which has servers across 100+ locations with sufficient internet speed. You can connect 5 devices concurrently under a single account, and you can purchase the IvacyVPN at $1.33/month on a 5-year plan.
- PrivateVPN: With a 2-year subscription plan of $1.89/month and servers in more than 60 countries, PrivateVPN allows you to connect 6 devices with the same account.
- PureVPN: It has 2000+ servers in 141 countries, which allows you to connect 5 devices with just one account. It is available at a mere $1.65/month with a 31-day money-back guarantee.
The Best cheapest VPNs in 2020
After checking out the basic must-haves of the VPN that you are looking for, the next step for you is to check out the available VPNs that do not bear a burden on your pocket. Fortunately, we have collected information regarding the best and most affordable VPNs for you.
1. CyberGhostVPN – Cheap VPN service from Romania that ensures military-grade data encryption
Romania’s CyberGhostVPN is our number one pick to be the most reliable and inexpensive existing VPN in the market today. Available in more than 5900 Servers across 60+ countries, CyberGhost offers super-fast internet with unlimited bandwidth and traffic. You can stream on your favorite platforms, including Hulu and Netflix US, in 4K resolution, through its fantastic speed.
It has all the native apps for notable platforms, including Linux, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android, along with extensive coverage of pre-configured routers.
Not only does it allows 7 simultaneous connections under a single account, but it also provides secure encryption with superbly implemented OpenVPN and an option to subscribe via Bitcoin to ensure payment info protection.
Other than providing extensive security, it has a 24/7 service customer support to tend to all of your VPN needs. With so much to offer, including a 7-day free trial offer and a 45-day money-back guarantee, CyberGhostVPN is worth checking out at a small price starting from $2.75/month.
2. NordVPN – get one of the best VPN in the market cheaper for a longer time of period
Arguably one of the most talked-about VPN out there, NordVPN, has all the attributes of the best VPN regardless of what rate it is available in the world. It is because it has almost 5200 servers available in more than 60 countries worldwide, which means that it covers every significant streaming region and gaming region. Moreover, it does not compromise on user privacy/security as it offers 256-bit military-grade encryption. Such type of stats is more than enough to attract any user regardless of the cost.
Its efficient internet speed not only allows free-flow online gaming experience but the opportunity to watch movies in ultra HD and 4K. Not only that, you can access NordVPN on every primary operating system and 6 devices instantaneously under one user account.
With a 24/7 customer care service and email support program, you can subscribe to NordVPN typically or via Bitcoin for $3.49/month and a 30-day money-back offer.
3. IvacyVPN – one of the cheapest VPN service in the market.
If you want a VPN that is wallet-friendy and offers 100% anonymity, then IvacyVPN is the one for you, which hails from Singapore and provides coverage across 1000+ servers in more than 100 locations worldwide. It provides no bandwidth limit and the chance to stream your favorite content on Netflix in ultra-high definition.
Not only it is the most affordable VPN available, but it also provides several security protocols, including AES 256-bit military-level encryption and advanced features like a kill switch, Securing any DNS leakage, and split tunneling. IvacyVPN has a strict anti-fraud policy that prevents users from certain countries to use the VPN, which is a big negative. However, it does not keep a log of your internet activities and data beyond your login email.
IvacyVPN allows you to connect 5 devices simultaneously with the same account across different platforms, including macOS, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS.
It offers 24/7 customer care and the option of payment via cryptocurrency. Furthermore, you can choose between three subscriptions, but by far, the standout package is the 2-year plan, which allows you to purchase the application in just $1.99/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
4. PrivateVPN – surprisingly cheap VPN with high quality service
Coming in at number 4 is PrivateVPN, which not only offers unbelievably cost-effective rates but also does not prompt you to commit longterm as most other VPNs do. It offers fast connection speed to ensure HD streaming and free-flow online gameplay without any latency issues.
Its ultra-fast servers are widespread out around the globe, located in 60 countries, which play a vital role in bypassing geo-restrictions and unblocking content for users. It supports 6 simultaneous connections under one username, which covers all the big platforms, including Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android and supports pre-configured routers/
Other than providing every essential feature for a good VPN, PrivateVPN does not keep user-logs of any kind with its top-notch security & encryption protocol. Unlike most VPN, it asks for your payment info and does not offer a 24/7 live support chat. However, the customer support service is more than satisfactory, which offers offline email support along with an extensive FAQ library.
With a risk-free 30-day money guarantee, you can purchase PrivateVPN via Bitcoin, credit card, and PayPal for as low as $1.89/month and save up to 83%.
5. PureVPN – Very cheap VPN from Honk Kong with many features
30-Days Money Back Guarantee
By far, the most popular and affordable when it comes to streaming content media online, Hong Kong’s PureVPN is right up there with the likes of ExpressVPN and NordVPN.
Its popularity is due to features like DPI protection(for torrenting), automatic Kill Switch, NAT firewall, split tunneling, dedicated IPs with DDoS protection, top-notch AES-256-CBC encryption, and online anonymity. Moreover, it extends(2000+) server coverage in 140+ Countries, which is staggering.
Furthermore, you can use use the VPN across multiple platforms, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome, Mozilla, Android TVs, Firestick, which you can use across 5 Devices under one account.
What makes PureVPN the standout is the unbelievably affordable subscription plan, which go as low as $1.65/month with a 31-day money-back guarantee. You can ensure payment protection by availing the option to purchase the VPN via Bitcoin or several alt-coins.
Should I use a Free VPN on my Devices?
The sole reason for getting a VPN for yourself should be to ensure complete privacy and security, which a free VPN doesn’t guarantee. More than that, a free VPN is guilty of slowing down the speed of the internet, as a result ruining the user’s experience of online game-play and streaming.
A free VPN brings nothing to the table other than temporarily changing your IP address and unblocking some restricted websites. If you do not read the terms and conditions properly, a free VPN could sell your information to the government, annoying advertisers, or even hackers.
So, you should not use a free VPN even under extraordinary circumstances, as it can become a harmful practice for you in the long run.
|Options||free VPN||paid VPN|
|Changes your IP||✔||✔|
|Fast internet connection||✗||✔|
|No-logs, no tracking||✗||✔|
|No annoying ads||✗||✔|
|Wide range of server selection||✗||✔|
Online hacking such as DDoS attacks, ransomware/malware attacks have increased significantly, which puts your data at risk at all times, especially if you do not take the necessary precautions.
Getting a VPN with military-level encryption is the solution to tackle such critical issues, which not only keeps your identity anonymous but provides you the much-needed security. In this editorial, we thoroughly discussed the significance of a
VPN and why you should get one. Additionally, if you are unable to purchase the more prominent VPNs to protect your data, you now know the 5 high-quality VPNs with the cheapest rates and amazing subscription plans.
If you know anyone in your circle of family and friends who is having trouble getting a VPN, you can help them by sharing this guide.
VPN encrypts your browsing data and keep your internet presence invisible
Not everything is fair in this world, and the same goes for user accessibility. Gaming studios, streaming services, and other tech companies have a habit of releasing their content to a specific market place only, leaving the users in other regions of the world with practically nothing.
For example, if you are an online gamer with excellent skills, the chances are that you would never get the opportunity to showcase your talent in numerous gaming tournaments, due to geo-blocking and other factors. Moreover, there is a possibility that the game would restrict your access to region-specific game modes.
Furthermore, streaming services like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ are only available in the areas surrounding North America, which prevents users from other countries to watch quality content.
These restrictions can also occur due to strict laws in conservative states and piracy protection.
Fortunately, there is a technology, stated in the next section, which can change your fortunes by providing the means to access every last bit of restricted content in the web-world, while providing the crucial security.
Cheap VPN also can do the same as the expensive one
The Virtual Private Network(VPN) technology protects you by masking your identity with a temporary IP address and allows you the choose the server from any country you want and access things that you couldn’t usually with an average internet.
In straightforward terms, a VPN connects your PC, smartphone, any other device(PS4, Xbox, Tablet) to another server, somewhere on the internet, which is usually owned by the VPN provider.
The most successful endeavor behind using a VPN is usually to apply for torrenting or bypass geo-restrictions to watch restricted content that is typically not available in your country. And if you are short for budget and having trouble finding a VPN at an affordable rate, then there are plenty in the market.
Here are some of the other useful features that a VPN cheap or not can do for you:
- It allows access to Netflix’s most prominent content library—Netflix USA
- It protects you from prying eyes, phishing, and DNS leakage if you are using public Wi-Fi.
- It gives you complete anonymity, which hides your IP address and safeguards your internet activity.
- It offers you complete freedom while torrenting.
- A VPN protects you from hacking and any DDoS attacks.
- You can also access streaming services like Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and much more that are not available in your region.
The must-haves of the cheap VPN
If you intend to purchase a cheap VPN subscription, it is essential to not compromise on quality and your privacy. You should thoroughly check for which purpose you need the VPN for, and the intended software impacts the performance of other things such as the upload and download speed of the internet. Here is the list of must-haves of an excellent and affordable VPN.
- Security and Privacy Choices: Probably the most crucial feature a VPN could provide is offering privacy and security through military-level encryption for their subscribers. Such type of protection stops any impending hackers or virus attack. It also secures your payment info, while you purchase items online. Moreover, if you are continually using public Wi-Fi in a place like a coffee shop, you may fall victim to Wi-Fi sniffing or other numbers of risks. So, it is necessary to check whether your chosen VPN offers proper encryption or not.
What is Wi-Fi Sniffing/Snooping? Wi-Fi snooping or sniffing is an activity performed by Cybercriminals where they eavesdrop on public Wi-Fi signals and whoever is using it. The Wi-Fi snoopers perform such action through special software or a technique that allows them to access your payment information and everything that you are doing online on your device.
- Internet Connection Speed: Free or cheap internet may offer you a toned-down internet speed with the software. It could impact your everyday internet activity or gaming experience. You may also not be able to watch movies or TV shows in 4K/HD resolution. It is essential to compare the internet download speed of the VPN before finally deciding to purchase the inexpensive VPN of your choice
- Server Locations: Most VPNs, including the cheap and free ones, provide server coverage across all the significant countries. Before getting a VPN for your desired purpose, you should check whether the VPN covers the intended country so that you could watch restricted content and bypass geo-blocking to play games whenever you need it.
- Supported Devices and Platforms: The quality of any software depends upon its versatility when it comes to having native apps for every operating system in the world. It is the single factor, which separates the software from its competitor and makes it successful because nowadays, an average user carries devices of multiple brands(A Windows/macOS laptop and an Android/Apple phone.) VPNs available at Cheaper rates may not have native apps for different platforms to cover the cost deficit. It is essential to check the native application coverage of the VPN to ensure convenience.
- Accessible Customer Support: An average user of applications like a VPN may not have the technical knowledge to solve software-related problems when they come across one. Tech companies have a 24/7 live customer support service to tackle such an issue. There may be a possibility that a cheaper VPN provider doesn’t provide around the clock live tech support for their customers. So, before getting a VPN, make sure to check whether they have a handy customer care support or not.
- Budget: It all comes down to how much you are willing to spend on a VPN, as buying a program such as a VPN can get pretty expensive. However, you are in the right place as in the next section of our guide, as we have comprehensively compared the cost of different VPNs that are affordable and do not compromise on quality.
The steps of setting up a VPN
Setting up a new VPN on the computer is one of the most straightforward functions, which does not require any additional knowledge. All you need is a VPN account and a native app that supports your device. Here is the step-by-step guide to set up a new VPN on macOS and Windows PC:
- Go to the one of our recommended VPN service provider:
- Download the native app of the VPN for your Mac/Windows computer.
- Sig-up for the subscription.
- Launch the app from the Launchpad/Start menu by clicking on the icon.
- Click on the “log in” button and enter your account credentials.
- After entering the account information, click on “Log in.”
- Once you enter into your account, click on connect to enable the connection.
- That is all. You are protected.
Inexpensive VPN can help you in many ways
For an invention as unique as a VPN, you can use it to satisfy several purposes, which are as follows:
- Access Your Home Network While Traveling – A VPN is a very convenient tool to have when you are traveling abroad or any place. It allows you to enable the Windows Remote Desktop feature to access local files, share them or even play games through the local area network. Such a type of practice guarantees safety and privacy while you are on the road.
- Access Geo-Blocked Websites – It is a broadly known fact that only Netflix US has the biggest library of content in the world, and users from outside the region can not access it unless they are traveling to the US or have a VPN.
A VPN allows you to bypass geo-blocking and directly access American streaming sites like Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video. Moreover, you can access content from countries other than the US, such as BBC iPlayer from the UK.
- Torrenting – Using torrents is not allowed in several countries of the world due to their piracy and copyright laws. However, not every person can afford the luxury of paying to watch movies or TV shows, which is where torrents come to work their magic. Torrents allow you to download everything on your computer, smartphone or tablets, and a reliable VPN enables access to torrent sites, away from the meddling eyes of the government and your ISP.
Moreover, some internet providers in countries where torrenting is allowed tend to manipulate the internet speed, to slow down the downloading process, when you use BitTorrent on your device. You can fix such an issue by using a VPN, which can give you a much faster speed.
- Online Shopping – Although online shopping is a gift, it comes with some risks that you should never ignore, such as you are always at risk of fraud and data theft. Luckily, a VPN provides the necessary protection from any such advances and act as a tunnel between your device and the site that you are using. Besides, a VPN helps in finding better deals online when you change your region.
- Bypass Internet Censorship – Many conservative governments in the world do not permit freedom of access on the internet through heavy censorship. It is the reason why a VPN is popular among users from such countries that allows the users to get around their country’s firewall and the chance to surf the entire internet without any fear.
|Encryption and protocols|
|Internet connection speed|
|IP Leak protection||✔||✔||✔|
|Money back guarantee||30 days||30 days||45 days|
|Read a review||review||review||review|
|Paid version from||$6.67/month||$3.49/month||$2.75/month|