In this article we are going to review does ExpressVPN work with Netflix? Does it really can to bypass Netflix geo-block and VPN detection system? Many people around the world would like to watch American Netflix, but all of them are facing the geo-blocking algorithm. Netflix has invested millions of dollars to develop the algorithm which blocks users by the country IP. People are using various VPN services to bypass geo-restrictions, but many of them are facing another problem. Netflix also has developed a VPN detection system, which identifies VPN users and blocks them too.
ExpressVPN works with Netflix in 2020
We have been testing ExpressVPN for three months and only once the IP was blocked by Netflix. It took 5 seconds to switch to a new IP address and the problem was solved.
ExpressVPN is focusing NOT ONLY on Netflix streaming services. You can stream and many more others. It really works with it. If you want a high definition qullity, you should obtain fast internet conenction at home first, otherwise the quallity will be poor. Bellow is the table with the quallity and speed ratio results
|0.5 mbps||Minimum quality|
|1,5 mbps||Normal quality (less than 480p)|
|3 mbps||SD quality (480p or better)|
|5 mbps||HD quality (720p or better)|
|25 mbps||Ultra HD quality (1080p or better)|
Our tests were done from variuos ExpressVPN servers and bellow you can see the speed results.
|Continent||Download speed||Upload speed|
|North America||87 mbps||46 mbps|
|South America||82 mbps||42 mbps|
|Europe||86 mbps||38 mbps|
|Canada||83 mbps||35 mbps|
|Australia||79 mbps||29 mbps|
Here is the list of internet services which works fine with ExpressVPN
|The list of internet services
Set up a VPN and watch U.S. Netflix from anywhere
Not ExpressVPN provides the best quality security features and characteristics, but it also has apps for every platform with a spontaneous interface that is extremely easy to handle. We have arranged a small step-by-step guide to help set up ExpressVPN on your PC to watch Netflix:
- Subscribe to the ExpressVPN by selecting one of the packages above, where they will assign you a username and a password to complete the account;
- From the official site of ExpressVPN, download the app on the PC;
- Install the app on the PC, and run it;
- Once you see the interface, enter the necessary login information and hit the “Sign-in” tab.
- Select any server whose Netflix you wish to open and click on “Connect.”
- Open the Netflix app or its site from the default browser, and you will immediately notice the slight change in content quality that is not available in your region.
This process will take for you around 2 minutes. You will have 30 days money back guaranty if you will not be satisfied with the service. I think that you will be satisfied because it works fine with Netflix.
ExpressVPN is a reliable VPN service that can help you to tream US Netflix from anywhere
|Price from||$6.67 (-49% deal)|
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||ExpressVPN review|
ExpressVPN is a well-known brand in the VPN market that can offer you ultra-fast servers with high internet speeds. After establishing in 2009 in the British Virgin Islands, Express has become a pioneer in keeping the daily internet undertakings of the user private and secure from the meddling ISPs, governments, and people who wish to cause any sort of harm.
The location of establishment also implies that ExpressVPN in no sense of the way has any commitment with the Five-Eyes or the Fourteen-Eyes coalition to share any record of data and the laws of the countries such as the United States, Canada, The UK, Singapore, South Korea, or Australia do not regulate its day to day functions. It is the reason Express is the number one VPN in handling privacy like none other.
You can access Netflix of any region or country of the world through ExpressVPN’s 3000 servers in over 160 locations around 94 countries. These thousands of servers can bypass geo-restrictions while avoiding any efforts of internet throttling with endless bandwidth and no additional fee.
You don't need to worry about privacy and security. The encryption level is impressive, and it does not affect the connection speed at all. You can browse adult websites, unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime, and do banking tasks without fear.
Further protocols such as AES 256-bit protection, DNS leak prevention, and kill switch make it harder for cybercriminals to decrypt your data, such as your payment information and login credentials for several valuable accounts. These measures also ensure safety from DDoS attacks and several virus infections such as worms, Trojan horses, malware & ransomware.
Express VPN supports multi-device function and can work on various operating systems and devices: Windows PC, Apple Mac computers & every iOS-based electronic, Android-based phones, and Linux. ExpressVPN also supports coverage across devices that have the ability to link with platforms, as mentioned above. These include Chromebooks, gaming consoles(PS3/PS4, Xbox), Amazon FireTV, and much more. You can also add an extension of ExpressVPN on your Chrome and Firefox browser.
As far as pricing goes, maybe ExpressVPN is not the cheapest, but we can admit that its price is worth quality. It is since Express has an expert customer care program to resolve any issue 24/7, which involves live chat, video tutorials, and FAQs.
With this VPN, you can be sure that the connection speed will be perfect from any point in the world. All you need to do is select any one of the packages mentioned in the list below through variable kinds of payment methods, including Bitcoin:
- 12-months plan for $8.32/month with a 30-day refund policy;
- 6-months package for $9.99/month with a 30-day return policy;
- Monthly offer with $12.95 every month that also has a 30-day money-back guarantee;
ExpressVPN can do more than just translate videos on Netflix
You can do many more thing with ExpressVPN. It is suitable for torrenting, smart TVs, IPTV, banking, gaming, adult websites and many more.
Netflix VPN detection tool and geoblock is not a hard candy for ExpressVPN
Today, Netflix considers being one of the biggest online media streaming providers in the World. Netflix could be reached in more than 190 countries and it has around 150 million users across the globe. As you might know, Netflix content is different depending on the region and normally it is not accessible for foreign users. If you live in Canada, you cannot watch American Netflix. It is because of the agreements with Netflix media providers. Some of the content might be regulated by the law and is forbidden in certain countries.
Netflix offers various types of content (not only movies and TV shows) which is owned by media providers. This type of content is licensed, copyrighted and exclusive with geographical protection.
Those restrictions make the content available for particular countries only. The rights of media ownership may differ in different regions and that’s why it is blocked in specific countries. Some of the content is offered for the particular time of period only.
Netflix doesn’t want to violate the agreements with media providers and that’s why it is blocking their content for the specific regions
Every year Netflix is investing a lot of money to improve their geo-blocking system, which helps to regulate media streaming processes be the regions. They also have developed VPN detection tools, which can identify VPN users and block them.
Many VPN services have been blocked by Netflix’s VPN detection algorithms and every year it is getting harder to bypass geo-blocking robots. Many VPN vendors have stopped trying bypassing Netflix geo-block because it is getting too expensive for them.
Today, Netflix has one of the most advanced VPN detection systems in the world. It was developed to block users who are using proxy or VPN services. Some of the VPN providers can unblock Netflix and bypass those restrictions. They keep trying to buy new IP addresses and improve protocols of VPN so it would be harder to detect.
Here are listed the most common methods of how Netflix is blocking users:
- Blocking of the VPN by IP Detection – Cheap or free VPNs only have a handful of VPNs to offer to their users to unblock sites like Netflix and other streaming platforms. This is why you will find them banned from these sites as they have a complete database of the IPs that people use to visit their platforms and the IPs that the VPNs own. It is where the random assigning of IPs come in handy, that enables the users to access Netflix without any fear of getting banned or thrown out. It is also the essential duty of the VPN vendors to establish new IPs now and then so that VPN blocking through IP never occurs
- VPN blockage by Ports – Most VPN providers use the OpenVPN UDP passageway to function and provide the necessary features to bypass geo-restrictions and access sites like Netflix. These advanced and self-aware websites develop firewalls to block the 1194 port, and it is how a VPN fails to open the site you wish to access. Decent VPNs understand the circumstances and provide the necessary means, such as different ports, to redirect the data stream. Through such advancements, you can open Netflix with ease, without ever having to ask the customer support service for help.
- VPN service ban through Deep Packet Inspection – Often referred to as DPI, the deep packet inspection uses the network packet filtering to filter out irregular traffic and ban VPNs or their IPs, no matter how encrypted they be. You can cease all of these issues and access Netflix by using different servers and IPs.
- VPN service blocking by too many connections from the same IP – Another way Netfix blocks users is when multiple users connect to the Netflix server from the same IP address at the same time. The VPN detection system immediately identifies such attempts to connect to the Netflix server, and the IP is instantly blacklisted. In this case, it is best to choose a VPN provider that can offer a wide selection of servers located in the US.
a Free VPN is not for streaming Netflix
As mentioned in the earlier section, streaming platforms like Netflix have a full record of IPs owned by free VPNs, which is why whenever you never get the chance to open the site. These VPNs also do not have the quality of servers to bypass geo-blocking and offer stable speed to the user to watch any content flawlessly. It is because free VPNs use your device as a peer to peer sharing bot to help other free VPN users to open the content they want.
Other than that, browsing online is not a safe activity anymore, as they are several entities that have a lot to gain by stealing your data and valuable information. A costless VPN does not have the potency to offer the real encryption protocols to help you remain safe and private.
It is a clear verdict on behalf of our team of VPN experts that it is not a good idea to use a free VPN to open anything, nevertheless, Netflix.
|Options||free VPN||paid VPN|
|Changes your IP|
|Fast internet connection|
|No-logs, no tracking|
|No annoying ads|
|Wide range of server selection|
Express has worked hard to gain the position of the world’s topmost VPN that not only allows you anonymous browsing but the methods to encrypt your data and bypass geo-restrictions and internet throttling attempts. It is clear from the article that Express has the absolute power to unblock Netflix without even scratching the surface. Not only that, it allows you to access Netflix from any region you hold the desire.
So if you want to watch “It’s Always Sunny in Philadephia” from Netflix UK or wish to see reruns of “The Office” from Netflix US, or any other show, then ExpressVPN is the one you want and the one you should use!
|Download Speed||65.76 Mbps|
|Upload Speed||29.44 Mbps|
|Encryption protocols||OpenVPN, SSTP, IPSec, L2TP|
|All security option|
Netflix is not working with ExpressVPN. What should I do?
If it happens so that Netflix will not work with ExpressVPN, all you need to do is to switch new IP and the problem will be solved. If it won’t help, please contact 24/7 support center and experienced staff will solve your problems in minutes.
What is Netflix and why it blocks users?