Avast Security for Mac uninstall guide
It is important to uninstall unused applications from your system, in order to ensure it runs smoothly and without bigger interruptions. So if you no longer use Avast Security for Mac, want to reinstall it or choose a different antivirus and security for Mac, firstly, make sure to uninstall the current Avast Security for Mac application. Please note, that simply dragging the Avast Security for Mac icon to Trash will not remove the program correctly. In order to uninstall the application correctly, please read the following instructions. The uninstallation guide applies for Avast Security for Mac and Avast Security Pro for Mac.
This article will provide you with information how to uninstall Avast Security for Mac via the menu bar or via the setup file.
Uninstall Avast Security for Mac via the menu bar
If you want to uninstall Avast Security for Mac from your system, you can do it via the menu bar. In order to do so, take the following steps:
- Open the Avast Security application from the context menu by clicking the Avast Menu bar.
- Navigate the Avast Security in the Menu bar on the top-left of the screen and choose Uninstall Avast.
- Then, click the Uninstall button.
- On the following window, select additional security products you want to uninstall and click Continue.
- If the program asks you to confirm the uninstallation by typing your administrator’s credential, type Name, and Password and select OK.
- Finally, click the Quit button.
If all the open applications are closed the uninstallation is completed and Avast Security for Mac should be removed from your system. If you could not manage to remove Avast Security for Mac from your Mac via the menu bar, then try the alternative method.
Uninstall Avast Security for Mac via the Setup file
If the first method was unsuccessful, you can try the alternative method – to remove the application via the setup file. In order to do so, follow the steps below:
- Download the Avast Security for Mac setup file. You can download it in the official Avast website
- Double-click the setup file and select Uninstall Avast.
- Click Uninstall.
- If you want to remove additional security products, select them on the following window and click Continue.
- If required, type your administrator’s credentials and click OK.
- Finally, press the Quit button.
Congratulations! You have successfully uninstalled Avast Security from your Mac. Do not forget that security and antivirus application is relevant.