IPVanish not working with Netflix
Many of our readers are wondering, does IPVanish work with Netflix? IPVanish is a great VPN, but it has been blocked too many times by the Netflix detection system before. Due to this reason, people are facing problems very often.
IPVanish Works With Netflix in 2020
At the beginning of 2020, we were trying to connect US Netflix with IPVanish once again. From the first time, we did not succeed, and every time we saw the same error, “Whoops….something went wrong”. Later on, we decided to reach out to the live support of IPVanish and ask what to do. We were amazed when the IPVanish live support assistant gave us the advice to try Dallas, Las Vegas, or Chicago servers. After switching the servers to the advised one, Netflix started to work. So the short answer is “Yes, IPVanish work with Netflix in 2020“. The only condition, you need to connect to the Dallas, Chicago, or Las Vegas servers.
As it was mentioned previously, IPVanish was blocked many times before by the Netflix VPN detection tool, and now it is just a matter of time when it will happen again. IPVanish is not the best solution for streaming videos on Netflix, and if you are thinking of buying this service, we would recommend reading some additional information about the better existing alternatives for streaming Netflix. Just imagine that you bought a new VPN service from IPVanish, hoping to enjoy your favorite TV show or movie on U.S. Netflix and it is not working. That would be a very sad situation for every IPVanish customer, so don't rush.
In 2016 Netflix stared to develop VPN detection tool and they came a long way by improving it. Today it is getting more difficult to bypass that Netflix block and watch U.S. Netflix from abroad.
It is nothing strange, that IPVanish is not working with Netflix very often, because Netflix has gathered the IPs of IPVanish servers and banned them all. Many VPN service providers are not even trying to bypass VPN detection system because of it too expensive buy a lot of new IP addresses. The bigger part of VPN vendors just leaves it as it is. So if you have bought IPVanish account just now and it is not working with Netflix, you have 7-days to ask for a refund. It should work fine because of the money-back-guarantee they provide.
You can try another VPN alternatives which still works fine today with U.S. Netflix.
Switch to a different VPN if IPVanish will fail to stream U.S. Netflix
If you use IPVanish and recently felt that you aren’t able to access Netflix as you did before, then it is time to change your VPN and select any one of the five VPNs that we are going to discuss in this article. All of these VPNs have the full capacity to open Netflix and offer you its content in High Definition quality.
1. Replace IPVanish with ExpressVPN:
ExpressVPN should be the number one choice any VPN, nevertheless, IPVanish, as it has the numbers to back up its claim, such as 3000 servers in 160 different places to access any site the subscriber wished to open. Not just Netflix, ExpressVPN can open services that no one in the far regions has ever heard of like IPTV, BBC iPlayer with no restriction on the usage of data. It can also prevent chat sites like Omegle from banning you. ExpressVPN can help you bypass ISP throttling, which is a thing many ISPs in America do to keep control of the user’s bandwidth consumption.
Express’s subscriber can download the app on any of their Android, Windows, iOS, macOS, & Linux devices on a maximum of 5 platforms at once, which helps the subscriber in sharing the budget and conveniently do multiple things at the same time with the VPN.
As stated on the website, ExpressVPN holds a firm rule of not recording the activities of its customers while giving them different means to remain private and secure online. Such encryption measures like a kill switch, anonymous browsing, and DNS leak protection secures the user’s data from any stealing attempts from cybercriminals while hiding them away from the eyes of the government, especially if the concerned subscriber is the citizen of one of the members of the five-eyes alliance.
You can get the below-mentioned services of ExpressVPN through every conventional way or via Bitcoin, which helps in keeping your payment information private.
- 15-months plan for $6.67/month with a 30-day money-back policy;
- 6-months package for $9.99/month with a 30-day money-back policy;
- $12.95 every month (monthly offer) that you can cancel at any time you want.
If you ever feel the need to find answers related to your VPN problem, then Express has an active live chat available 24/7 along with numerous other resources for customer care.
|Compatible with many devices and platforms||High price|
|High level of security||Configuration limits|
|24/7 customer service||No ad blocker|
2. Use the best VPN for Netflix to replace IPVanish
Nord offers a variety of different features while unblocking your access to Netflix, unlike IPVanish. These features include an extensive range of 5400+ servers in 59 countries that also provide P2P and Obfuscated servers along with the option to purchase a Dedicated IP for just $70. Not only that, if you feel that your standard internet speed is slowing down due to ISP throttling, then with Nord, but you can also bypass such unfair means and watch or download anything in the world.
Other means of privacy that promises to keep you protected from the claws of petty data thieves are military-level encryption, kill switch that makes sure that not a single moment passes by where Nord does not protect you.
Nord is available for use on as many as 6 devices at once on platforms like Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Linux.
So it doesn’t matter if someone else is using your account as you can always connect your device with Nord and watch Netflix.
Each of the three packages that NordVPN offers to the user has a complete 30-day return assurance:
- 3 years plan at $3.49/month;
- 2 years package for $4.99/month;
- 12 months offer at $6.99/month;
Nord also has its reliable customer support service ready to help whenever you feel an issue with the VPN app or your account.
Wide geographical reaches
Performance hits and drop connections
Double VPN for twice the encryption
A monthly plan might seem expensive
User-friendly and pleasant interface
Not clear ownership
3. CyberGhostVPN is better alternative for streaming Netflix than IPVanish
All 5900 servers of Cyberghost that are spread out in 90 countries can maintain internet stability with a server capacity of at least 1Gbps. These servers make sure to unblock their subscriber's access to Netflix, unlike IPVanish or any other VPN, for that matter, by offering fast internet connection speed and unlimited allowance on data usage.
CyberGhostVPN’s encryption features that keep the subscriber’s whole browsing session private and secure from ISP throttling, virus attacks, and wi-fi snooping, when you use an open Wi-Fi. Other measures, including IKEv2, IPSec,
OpenVPN, instant kill switch, and no-logs policy is enough to keep everything safe.
All you are required to do before getting the service of CyberGhostVPN is pick any one of the plans below:
- 24 months plan at $3.69/month with a 45-day return policy;
- 12 months package at $5.99/month with a 45-day return policy;
- A monthly program for just $12.99/month with a 45-day return policy;
All of it is supported by an extensive customer support service that is there to help you at all times
Offering one of the widest geographical reaches
Performance hits and slowdowns
A very informative user interface
Not many personalized options
Easy setup and quick to start
Rough reviews by third-parties
4. IvacyVPN is much cheaper than IPVanish and work with Netflix
(Great – 4.4/5)
30-Days Money Back Guarantee
Ivacy is a Singaporean VPN that has coverage of 1000 servers in 100 locations fully capable of unblocking Netflix and other streaming platforms without any issue. More than that, all of these servers maintain a steady speed for as high as 50Mbps for popular regions such as North America with limitless bandwidth to accommodate anything one could hope to do online.
Ivacy supports its subscribers to use the VPN on 5 different devices at once on platforms like Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and other devices that you can link up with these platforms.
Ivacy keeps a stringent policy on not sharing user records with anyone, whether it be official personnel of Ivacy or government agencies. Online encryption techniques such as Open VPN encryption, kill switch, L2TP does more than enough to keep the subscriber safe from online threats.
In the end, you only need to pick any of the packages mentioned below to start using the services of Ivacy, which also offers payment in Bitcoin and numerous other cryptocurrencies for a secure mode of payment:
- 2-year package at $2.25/month with 30-days money-back guarantee;
- 1-year plan for $3.33/month with 30-days money-back guarantee;
- Monthly offer at $9.95/month that you can cancel at any time;
5. Use ProtonVPN to open Netflix
(Good – 4.3/5)
ProtonVPN is a small rocket in a pocket, which is slowly making inroads by increasing its number of servers and security with each passing minute. You can select any of Proton’s 610 servers to open Netflix that you are not able to do with IPVanish. Other than Netflix, Proton can open almost every single restricted website in the world that is not accessible in conservative regions.
Your user log is protected by the laws of Switzerland as Proton does not keep records of your data, nor does it share them with anyone, whether it be the government or a single individual.
Proton has native apps for every notable operating system that you can download from its official site. However, it doesn’t have any extension or direct support for browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
ISP throttling can be easily be bypassed through methods like kill switch, IKEv2, DNS leakage prevention, IPSec, and 256-bit encryption.
All you need to do is select the following plans listed:
- You can get The Basic Plan at $4/month and connect the VPN on as much as 2 devices simultaneously with a 30-day refund guarantee;
- You can get The Plus Plan at $8/month and connect the VPN on as much as 5 devices simultaneously with a 30-day refund guarantee;
- You can get The Visionary Plan at $24/month and connect the VPN on as much as 10 devices simultaneously with a 30-day refund guarantee;
IPVanish does't work with Netflix too often
Netflix doesn't want to show the local content to the foreign users, because of the licenses, copyrights and other agreements with content media providers. Some of the content might be valid only for a certain time of period and only for the particular region. If Netflix will break the agreements with their partners, they will pay huge fines. That’s why they have developed a VPN detection tools and geo-blocking algorithms.
We have tested many VPN services and only the small part of them works fine with Netflix. Netflix’s VPN detection tool is a serious thing and it is difficult to bypass it. The system works with different algorithms which detect VPN usage:
- VPN Blocking by IP – Sites like Netflix have smart servers working around the clock to recognize the IPs that people use to enter the platform. Sometimes the rate of IP usage of the VPN is too much that the Netflix blacklists them, preventing them from entering the site ever again. It is up to your VPN to offer you random IPs during the streaming session so that Netlflix can not ban you or your IP.
- VPN blockage by Ports – Ports provide the necessary means to redirect internet traffic offered by the VPN. But during this in an out session, some sites may have the potency to recognize them and block their way of access. This is why the VPN must keep on making fresh ports to redirect the encrypted traffic from the user’s device to a platform like Netflix.
- VPN service blocking by Deep Packet Inspection – DPI inspects the internet on a specific website and filters the anomalies out regularly to maintain a certain level of quality. The reason sites like Netflix can stop VPNs like IPVanish from accessing their platform is that it can detect the traffic and patterns from the VPN’s servers and IP addresses and implement geo-restrictions by treating the VPN as a conventional ISP.
- VPN service blocking by too many connections from the same IP – Let's imagine a situation where 20 users from the same IP address try to watch different movies or series on the same US Netflix platform. Naturally, this looks like a VPN usage that will automatically be blocked. Trusted VPN providers allocate traffic in a way that makes it more difficult for Netflix to identify VPN users.
Replacing IPVanish VPN
If IPVanish fails to open Netflix and you pick any other service for yourself like Nord or ExpressVPN, then the next step is to set up the application on the computer. Here are the steps to do precisely that:
- Download the app of the subscribed VPN on your PC and install it;
- Once it is installed, run the app on the computer;
- Enter your login credentials into the interface and click on “Sign-in.”
- Select the American servers and hit “Connect” to watch Netflix US and its limitless content of programs with all the convenience in the world;
Low-level VPNs can fail you from time to time if they do not keep up with the trend and increase their coverage of servers. If ever such instance occurs with you, primarily if you use IPVanish, then you can quickly jump to the next VPN that we have stated in the earlier section. All of those VPNs can unblock Netflix regardless of your place of residence.