Check out our guide if you want to watch your favorite game via Sky Sports on Kodi in 2020. We will discuss the best possible way and how to set it all up for you to enable the sports streaming experience for you.
1. Use a VPN to access Sky Sports with Kodi
The Kodi add-ons used to access Sky Sports on the channel are geo-restricted, and there is no orthodox way for users living outside the UK, Canada, and the US to watch it. However, a VPN solves pretty much all the problems for the user to stream their favorite sport, whether it be football or cricket, via Sky Sports.
Here are some of the things that a VPN can do:
It unblocks geo-blocked Kodi add-ons, such as Krypton and USTVNow, that unlocks the user’s access to Skysports and other content. Not only that, such abilities of a VPN enable the user to open other streaming services that are geo-blocked such as Hulu and Netflix USA.
This utility is made possible by a VPN’s vast array of servers and virtual locations established all across the world that promises unlimited bandwidth and high-speed internet.
Ultimate Privacy and Encryption
The IP masking abilities of a VPN do not permit anyone to find out your true identity or tracking your real location. Features such as a kill switch make sure that you are connected to a VPN at all times so much so that the function, when enabled, will kill the internet connection if you ever get disconnected from a VPN server.
Other security features include encryption protocols such as military-level 256-bit AES encryption that will not allow anyone to hack into your device and learn your most intimate details. Before getting a VPN service, it is wise to find out whether the VPN is capable of offering such privacy protocols or not. Otherwise, it is best to keep looking for the one that actually does provide added security. Similar encryption protocols of a VPN include an Open VPN, PPTP, and L2TP.
Things like Internet Throttling will become a thing of the past
We have all witnessed or felt the sudden lack of our internet’s ability to open and stream content in good quality, along with visible evidence of slower speed, than the one that was advertised. It is the internet throttling technique that most ISP practice to stabilize the bandwidth usage. The ISP does that when they feel that some user is consuming too much bandwidth. Though this practice seems unethical, it helps the ISP in keeping the quality of its service intact.
Despite the fact, as mentioned earlier, a VPN bypasses every throttling protocol and helps the user in viewing any type of content with hassle whatsoever. This feature comes in handy under the practice of torrenting and streaming content from Sky Sports with a Kodi add-on. The stable and fast internet connection speed is mandatory for all of the methods that we had mentioned in this section.
Stream Sky Sports on Kodi via VPN on Multiple Devices
There are only a handful of platforms or operating systems in the world that most people use. However, there is still no way of knowing the user’s preference, which is why every software service hand out their product in the form of apps on pretty much every major platform. Similar is the case with Kodi as we had discussed that it is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, and iOS. The VPN should also be open across such platforms to offer the standing ground for the Kodi add-ons and the user to access services like Sky Sports on any device they like. It is good to know that all of the top VPN services offer apps on such OS and devices.
Purchase a Cost-Effective VPN to Stream Sky Sports on Kodi
Purchasing a software service such as a VPN could prove to be a costly endeavor if you do not perform proper research. It is essential to look into the many packages of the VPN service before finally making the decision to get it. VPN services tend to lay out a longterm plan for their subscription that makes the facility more affordable, which also does not out a strain on the pocket of the average user. Moreover, many VPN vendors offer the user to share their accounts across a specific limit of devices that could be used simultaneously. It facilitates the customer to share their VPN account and the monthly subscription fee among family and friends.
A Reasonable Customer Support Service Helps out when a VPN Fails to Stream Sky Sports via Kodi
Though a VPN software is relatively simple to manage, sometimes things like a new update or server overload could complicate matters for the user. When such things ever occur, the customer support section of the VPN service is the first platform that the customer seek for assistance and guidance.
The customer support section of the VPN should consist of 24/7 live chat, FAQs, email ticketing service, and even video tutorials. All the same such facilities are hard to replicate for every VPN vendor; they still represent how dedicated the service is to make their product more convenient for the average consumer. Before deciding on which service to get, we recommend checking out the “Support” section of the VPN and check what type of facilities it is offering.
2. Set Up A VPN to Enable Complete Privacy and Protection
Before installing a Kodi add-on on your device, it is essential to purchase and set up the VPN, so that you won’t have to wait long to stream Sky Sports. It is crucial to acquire the service before setting it up on your preferred computer. Here are the steps to fully setting a VPN app up:
- Go to the official website of the VPN service that you had recently subscribed to and locate the app download page;
- Find the respective application/software for your device such as a Windows PC and download it to your desktop;
- After downloading it, close the browser, and double-click on the VPN app to install it on the computer;
- Install the application by following the instructions;
- Upon successful installation of the app, click on its icon to launch it;
- Enter your login credentials and click on “Sign-in” from the interface;
- You will be able to connect to any server you like, but we will recommend you to connect to the UK server. Connecting to the UK server will bypass geo-restrictions and make it easier for the Kodi add-on to stream Sky Sports for you;
- Minimize the VPN’s interface and access Kodi to watch Sky Sports by following the instructions in the next section.
3. Set Up Kodi Add-On to Watch Sky Sports
When you enable Kodi add-on on your device, you will be able to see any type of sport there is to offer in the world, including UFC, F1, Soccer, and Rugby. First, you have to download the latest or any other version of Kodi on your computer.
The newest version of Kodi is the Kodi 18 – Leia. UK Turk and the KodiUKTV are among the most notable add-ons on Kodi to stream Sky Sports and other content from the United Kingdom from every region in the world. It is important to note that you must enable your VPN at all times for the service to work efficiently. Here is the method to allow Kodi add-on on your device:
- Run the Kodi application on your PC and proceed further;
- Click on its System Settings, then go to the Expert Mode;
- Proceed to the Add-ons section and enable the “Unknown Sources” segment. If you receive a warning by performing the action, then click on “Yes” and move forward;
- Click on the “Settings” icon from the home display and go to the “File Manager” before going to the next step;
- Click on ‘Add Source” and then click on “None” before entering the following URL: https://addoncloud.org/ukturk/install/. Give the add-on any name and click on “OK;”
- Now go to the “Setting” option again and click on “Add-ons” and click on “Install from Zip file” from the installer;
- Select the zip file of the add-on and install it on Kodi, you will have to wait a few moments as the add-on will be installed on Kodi’s interface. You will be notified that the add-on has been enabled.
- Now go to “Settings” again and click on “Install from Repository” and locate the UKTurk add-on to view Sky Sports. Click on it and proceed to the next step;
- Hit the “Video Add-ons” option, which is available from the “Videos” tab from the list available in the front display;
- Click on the “UK Turk Playlists” and click on the Install button, which will ask you to wait for a few minutes.
- Once the process completes, then you have to do is go the home screen and click on the Videos tab once again;
- From there, go to “Add-ons” and launch the UK Turk add-on;
- Select the “Sports” category and locate Sky Sports. You will be able to view all ten of Sky Sports channels in no time.
Sky Sports is Geo-Blocked like most other Streaming Services
Sky Sports is arguable one of the more popular and recognizable platforms for sports broadcasting. It has a whole tally of 10 channels that are available both in HD and SD display. Like most other subscription services, Sky Sports is also geo-blocked. Users living only people in countries such as the UK, Canada, and the US have direct access to it both via dish and digital platforms like Kodi.
If you do not know what geo-blocking is, then it is a technique implemented by digital platforms and internet service providers to block certain kinds of content online. The platforms enforce the policies so that users from specific regions wouldn’t be able to access the content to avoid any copyrights violations. Users from such areas have to resort to other means to obtain such streaming services.
You can get Sky Sports Kodi and get the opportunity to watch all the top games through Sky Sports’ stream. So, if you are living in a country where Sky Sports is not available naturally to you, then check our article. We will discuss the method to bypass geo-restriction, how to install sky sports add-on on Kodi, and how to access your favorite channel.
Kodi is one of the top Media Library in the World
Formerly known as the Xbox Media Center (XBMC), Kodi is an open-source platform developed by the Xbox Media Center/XBMC Foundation. Several members of the community design a wide variation of its features and add-ons for the user of every background, which allows them to view their intended content.
It is a media library filled with the best tv, shows, cartoon, and other forms of digital entertainment. In short, Kodi is an online home theatre. The platform is accessible on a wide variety of platforms, including Android, Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Raspberry Pi devices. Kodi works both as a media file organizer and a playable media library.
Kodi add-ons allow the user to watch content that is geo-restricted and not available for them to view in their region. It has a separate add-on to stream all ten of Sky Sports channels, which are only available for people living in select countries. Yet, there is a way for other users to enable any sort of ban or limit and use the add-ons to their advantage.
VPN is necessary for a more Secure Experience to view Sky Sports on the Internet – Final Thoughts
In this article, we have conveniently found out the way to access Sky Sports on Kodi without the fear of internet throttling and geo-restriction.
You would not get the full chance to stream Sky Sports via add-on on Kodi without a VPN. Accessing streaming services such as Sky Sports is only a small thing that a VPN does for its customers. Given the state of internet security in recent days, no time is direr to purchase a proper privacy enabling service for all of us.