How to Watch Love Island USA from Anywhere in 2020?
Love Island gets everybody in their feels. The thrill of watching perfect strangers fall in love, watching their journeys to happiness, and living through it all is such a beautiful sight. That is why no one wants to miss an episode. No one wants to get to work the next day to hear what Sophie and Conor had to argue about the night before. No spoilers!
I love to love, and that's why I love to watch Love Island. I am a fan of this show, and I don't want to miss a single thing on it. Unfortunately, I had to leave the USA for my job contract in Europe, but CBS does not show or stream outside the US. How do I get to see my beloved show without having to call my friends for updates? I searched for a solution but couldn't find anyone on the internet! The ones I found simply did not work.
After a while, I realized that the easiest way to watch Love Island USA is to use a Virtual Private Network or VPN. A Virtual Private Network will allow you to get around the barricades placed by channels like CBS by hiding your geographic location and convincing the sites into assuming you're in a country where Love Island is available for viewing (United States). I successfully used a VPN to make it seem like I was in the United States, so I watched CBS quickly. It seemed almost like magic!
I have since used over 40 top VPN provider applications to confirm which one works best for watching Love Island. From this 40, I have then compiled the best VPNs for watching the show. They vary in their characteristics and offerings, but you can rest assured and enjoy your viewing with any of these.
Let's quickly run through the three simple steps you need to follow to watch your favorite TV reality show, Love Island;
- Get a VPN.
- Connect to a US Server
- Stream your romantic Love Island show from anywhere in the world!
Why you need a VPN to watch Love Island from anywhere in the world
You are probably wondering why you have to get a Virtual Private Network to access something on the internet. I mean, the internet is supposed to be universal. Right?
Well, the internet is still universal, but the rights to content placed on it are not. Broadcasting laws for viewing Love Island is for CBS to make it available for only US viewers. That's a bummer if you want to watch from anywhere outside the USA. The broadcasting laws make it impossible for anyone outside the country of jurisdiction to access the information by using geoblocks.
Geoblocks are like physical barricades or borders that limit or change internet content depending on the location you are trying to access it from. Geoblocks are a smart idea, but as always, someone is still smarter. The VPNs have a lot of servers with different locations assigned to them. The VPN user connects to these servers and is instantly disguised as someone accessing the website from that location. It allows them to boycott the geoblocks in place and gives them unlimited access to the content they seek (In your case, the ever-dramatic Love Island).
Now that you know why restrictions exist and why you need to get a good VPN, it is time to choose which one best suits you.
NordVPN has a popular reputation for being the fastest of all VPNs available. I wanted to confirm that claim, so I tested it! I used various US servers for my test run, and I was able to average high speeds across all of the servers I tested. NordVPN gave me an average download speed of about 45 Mbps. You only need about 5/6 megabytes per second to watch anything in High Definition (HD). It made NordVPN overly sufficient for my Love Island streaming. Smooth and without any lagging!
NordVPN lays claim to over 1,700 servers in America, so there are many options for you. With these options, it would not be difficult to find one that streams CBS seamlessly. As a matter of fact, all of the US servers I tried gave me access to the CBS broadcast instantly. The US servers I tested also gave me access to exclusive content on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video! Sweet!
If you subscribe, you are allowed up to 6 simultaneous connections. It means you can connect your phone, laptop, and tablets and still have room for any family member who wants to enjoy Love Island. Performance and speed were maintained for up to 4 simultaneous connections. That for anyone is a top-notch service!
NordVPN payments are flexible. While they shockingly don't accept PayPal, they allow for some cryptocurrency payments. There is an assured 30-day money-back guarantee on subscriptions, which allows you to test sufficiently before committing long-term. There is a 24/7 live chat team, and they act swiftly and efficiently. When you cancel, you get your money back within 5-10 working days (it is faster in reality as I got mine on the second working day).
In summary, NordVPN offers you
- Super-fast connection speeds for smooth streaming without lags
- About 2000 US servers for easy access to Love Island USA from anywhere on the globe.
- The 'SmartPlay' feature that dodges stubborn geoblocks so you can watch Love Island from anywhere
- Up to 6 various connections at the same time
- Assured 30-day money-back guarantee
- Compatible with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and other streaming platforms
- Works seamlessly on a vast range of devices: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more.
2. Surfshark VPN
The best feature of Surfshark VPN for me is the fact that it can allow unlimited devices at the same time. It makes your subscription very, very worthwhile. You can use it on all your devices and even the devices of all your family members. No one is left out on the romance on Love Island.
It has a smaller server network size than other VPN providers in its league. However, it still has over 100 options for users to choose from. During my usage, I tried over 10 of those servers, and all of them granted me access to the Love Island show quickly. The speeds during these tests were very decent. It gave me about 30 Mbps, and that was sufficient to provide me with a smooth stream. No buffers or lags were seen while streaming Love Island in HD.
Surfshark offers a lot of discounted offers on subscription plans. They also have a 30-day money-back guarantee, so users can try the service without paying a cent! It is key that you maximize the free trial so that you can decide if the speed will suffice for your streaming before you pay for a long-term plan. The refunding process on cancelation is very smooth. The support staff will process your refund as soon as you answer a question on the cancelation. Your money is also paid back to you within ten business days.
On subscription, Surfshark will give you the following:
- Fast speeds (up to 30mbps) so you can watch Love Island with no loading time
- Over 500 American servers for viewing Love Island
- Unlimited device connections at the same time
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works seamlessly with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, and other TV platforms
- 100% Compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, and other devices.
In my little experience with ExpressVPN, I found it to be reliable at giving me access to streaming sites. I was able to test some US servers, and they did not have any issues connecting to the CBS broadcast. So, it was straightforward to watch Love Island. ExpressVPN also unlocked every other streaming site I tried it on, instantly!
The average speed on the American servers was about 40Mbps, so there were no lags or buffering as I streamed my lovely Love Island. ExpressVPN has thousands of servers all over the globe, and this is why it barely gets overcrowded. It boasts over 20 servers in the US, and so you are spoilt for options when watching your favorite Love Island.
ExpressVPN is for the big boys as it is a little more expensive than its counterparts. However, like the others, it has a 30-day money-back guarantee that you can hop on for testing. They offer 24 hours support daily, and requests are handled swiftly. On the cancelation of initial plans, you are sure to get your money back in about 5 – 7 business days.
If you're opting for ExpressVPN, you will get the following benefits;
- Fast speeds for streaming Love Island without lags and intermittent buffering
- Working servers in over 22 US cities so you can watch Love Island from anywhere
- The great 'MediaStreamer' feature that lets you stream whatever on more devices
- Up to 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day 100% money-back guarantee
- Proven to Work with Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Very Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and other devices.
Where Can I Watch Love Island Online?
The only TV channel licensed to show Love Island is CBS. So, to get to watch the show, you need to subscribe to the service. It is a typical station on plenty of cable services. You can also get CBS on streaming platforms such as Hulu, PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV, and fuboTV.
If you don't have a cable subscription, the best way to watch CBS Love Island is to purchase a CBS All Access Pass. Go to the site, fill the form to register, and you are set to go! The registration page is without geoblocks, so that you can access it from anywhere. However, you need to input a US zip code to complete the registration. The All-Access Pass package comes with a free trial and affords you free viewing for seven days.
How to Sign Up for CBS All Access to Watch Love Island
- Get a VPN. Any of the VPNs above should suffice. They have been tested and trusted to give the best speed and performance.
- Connect to one of the verified US servers. You need to bypass geoblocks and trick the CBS site that you are in the United States. You won't be able to watch anything unless CBS assumes that you're in America.
- Go to the CBS All Access website at (https://www.cbs.com/all-access/). Select “Try it Free” sign up, and use the free trial.
- Select a package. Choose either “Limited Commercials” or “Commercial-Free.”
- Fill out your account details. You have to input a US zip code for the registration. Anyone from Google or your real US Zipcode should suffice.
- Input your payment details. You have to enter a US payment method to register. If you don't have one or are skeptical about entering your payment details, you can purchase one CBS All Access gift card using PayPal funds. With that, you can return to the homepage, go to the bottom and click on “Redeem” to activate the card.
- Registration complete! You will never miss any of the action on Love Island USA!
Frequently Asked Questions on Watching Love Island With a VPN
1. How do I watch Love Island for free?
Anyone can watch Love Island US absolutely free on CBS All Access with a useful VPN. CBS All Access needs a paid subscription, but you get a 7-day free trial that gives you 100% access to Love Island for a week. If you want continued access to Love Island in the US for free for a longer time, you can use your VPN to change the US locations and register for brand new 7-day free trials.
You can get your VPN for free too. The recommendations above have at least 30-day money-back guarantees, giving you weeks to watch Love Island for free.
2. Is Love Island on Hulu or Netflix?
Love Island is only available on Hulu. The basic plan on Hulu allows you access to the CBS channel on demand so you can get up to speed with Love Island that way.
Hulu also has a Live TV subscription. This one lets you watch Love Island USA live as it shows in real-time. However, it will cost you some extra bucks. The CBS All Access package is less expensive if you want to see Love Island live.
3. Can I use a free VPN to watch Love Island?
Yes. However, I would not recommend doing so. Free VPNs put a cap on your connection speed, performance, number of servers, and usage, so you're restricted as to how much Love Island you can watch. You also have to deal with Ads. Popups will interrupt your viewing, and your Love Island experience may end up being unpleasant. Get a suitable subscription plan for yourself and enjoy the best of Love Island on any VPNs above.