Verizon is an American Telecommunication company which was established in the 2000 year. Today it is considered to be one of the biggest internet service provider in the United States. In 2017 years it was caught throttling internet. After obvious evidence, Verizon admitted throttling the internet for Netflix and YouTube traffic. In apparent, the company has violated the neutrality of the net.
If you don’t have much time to read all article, try VPN which works great for stopping Verizon from internet throttle:
- ExpressVPN – great VPN service with ultra-fast servers, military grade encryption, and perfect customer support.
- NordVPN – another great VPN service for users who like streaming online videos. Great price and quality ratio.
- CyberGhostVPN – the last, but not the worst VPN which is capable to stop Verizon from internet throttling.
Many users have complained about very low video quality and slow connection. Today Verizon says, that they do not throttle the internet but many users still are experiencing slow internet connection. In this article, we are going to talk how to know if Verizon throttle internet and how to stop it.
Many Verizon users still report the problems related to internet speed issues, but nothing happens. Internet service providers are saving money on the network equipment and still throttle the internet for heavy internet users. Especially, those users who like streaming online videos, downloading and seeding torrents or doing other heavy internet activity.
How to get a free VPN for 30 days?
If you are not sure will VPN help you to stop ISP from internet throttling, you can take a free shot. ExpressVPN offers a free VPN service for 30 days. Of course, you will need to pay for the first month, but at the end of the month, you can ask for a money refund. Due to their 30-days money-back guarantee, you will return your money without any questioning. Check this deal >>>
How to know if your internet is throttled?
The customers of Verizon might feel the slow performance of YouTube and Netflix applications. Also torrenting might be downloading and uploading very slowly. It is the first signs that your internet connection might be throttled. Of course, there might be other issues related to your in-house technical equipment, but here is the way how you can check it.
You should do some internet tests and see what it says. The first one internet connection test is http://fast.com. This tool was developed by Netflix. It is quite good for checking is you ISP throttle your internet. In the case of throttling, the test will show slow internet connection while streaming Netflix, YouTube or torrenting.
Another great tool for testing your internet connection is developed by http://internethealthtest.org/. This test helps you to identify does your ISP throttle internet. The test takes 5 steps which will help to identify your internet connection health.
Note: If you run this test, your VPN or Proxy should be turned off. Otherwise, it won’t work.
And the last, but not the worst internet speed test is speedtest.net. The process of testing is very easy and similar to the other ones. Open Netflix in your browser, play the movie and run the test at the same time. Or start the torrent software with active download/upload tasks. If you will notice that internet connection is much slower than usually is, that it means that your internet connection might be throttled.
So know you know how to test your internet connection and find out does Verizon throttle your internet. But what to do next if you want to stop your ISP from internet throttle?
The best way to stop internet throttle is VPN
If you want to stop that internet throttle game with Verizon, you should use a VPN (a virtual private network). For those who still don’t know what VPN is, we will explain it briefly. It is a service which encrypts your internet traffic and changes your IP. It is used by people around the world in many ways. VPN gives you the freedom on the internet, because of your data encryption and anonymity. Nobody can see what websites you are visiting, how many time do you spend there and what symbols you are typing in.
Even your internet service provider cannot see what websites you are visiting, because of an encrypted data package which comes out from your devices to the VPN server and back. Also, it makes your connection secure from hackers and government. It very important in those countries where internet censorship is at the top level.
How VPN can stop Verizon from internet throttle?
As it was mentioned before, VPN encrypts your browsing data and Verizon cannot see what websites you are visiting. If they cannot see what websites you are visiting, they cannot throttle the internet. Otherwise, they should throttle all your traffic, but it would be out of your internet agreement with Verizon. So, data encryption helps in this way.
How choose the best VPN for stopping Verizon from internet throttling?
There are thousands of VPN service providers around the world and only a small part of them are trustworthy. We are testing VPN every day, and we have seen so many examples of what untruthful VPN service is. We have picked only three VPN service providers from the huge list which is worth your attention.
Our list of best VPN evaluation was done according to these criteria:
- Internet connection speed – a reliable VPN service should be fast, otherwise, it will slow down your internet speed more than Verizon throttle. As you might already know, VPN can slow down internet connection due to their encryption processes. If the VPN server is overloaded, or equipment is outdated, you cannot expect fast internet connection, because of the slow execution of encryption algorithms.
- Security features – if you like torrenting, you should choose the VPN service which can offer “kill-switch” function. This function closes the direct connection to Verizon if your connection to VPN server was lost. If you like shopping online, you should choose a VPN which offers AEN-256bit encryption mode, it will keep you safe from hackers. If you like to visiting adult websites, you should look for a function “DNS leak” which will prevent Verizon from seeing what websites you were visiting, if some DNS requests would not be encrypted. Altogether, why not to choose the service with all mentioned functions in one packet, right?
- Support – Sometimes it looks like the support is not so important, because we do not use it so often. But trust me, when you are experiencing some difficulties with the slow internet connection or logging, it is nice when support works 24/7 and solves the problems in minutes.
- Price – may be the price is not the most important factor while choosing a VPN, but why not to save some money, right? We have picked for you only the best VPN for the best money and quality ratio.
Why you should avoid Free VPN services?
There are no free things on this earth. Every time you are taking a free thing or service, you pay in a different way, not in money. The same situation is with a free VPN service. We have tested and analyzed more than 20 free VPN service and we were very disappointed. In most of the cases, you need to install the application on your computer which turns it into the botnet. It means, that your computer will start to serves to other users as VPN servers do.
Moreover, free VPN service in most of the cases do not encrypt data and makes it even more accessible to hackers.
Finally, almost every free VPN service providers collect all your browsing data and sell it to the third party companies like marketing agencies, data traders or spammers. Free cheese is only for the mousses, so better avoid free VPN services.
TOP VPNs for Verizon
As we have mentioned before, we were testing many VPN services. So there is a shortlist of VPN services that worked fine with on the Verizon network.
You might already know, that ExpressVPN is a very popular service around the globe and trusted by thousands of users. Maybe ExpressVPN is not the cheapest, but we can admit that the price is worth quality. With this VPN you can be sure that the connection speed will be perfect from any point of the world.
You don't need to worry about privacy and security. The encryption level is amazing and it does not affect the connection speed at all. You can browse adult websites, unblock Netflix, Netflix, Amazon Prime, do banking tasks without the fear.
ExpressVPN supports multi-device function and can work on various operating systems and devices: Windows, iOS, Mac, Android, Linux, open-source routers, BlackBerrys, Kindle Fire, Chromebooks, Barnes & Noble Nook tablets, Apple TV, Fire TV, PlayStation, Android TV box and others.
Moreover, there are available add-ons for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari for even better browsing experience.
Also, you don't need to worry about the bandwidth, which is unlimited. No additional fee for every single option.
So this VPN we would consider as one of the best VPN for online streaming (Netflix, Sling TV, Hulu).
|Compatible with many devices and platforms||High price|
|High level of security||Configuration limits|
|24/7 customer service||No ad blocker|
It is also important to mention that you have the choice of 30-day money-back guarantee, so there are literally no risks to the user – you can get your money back if something goes wrong. Read more about ExpressVPN
Everybody likes NordVPN for a very friendly and modern user interface. It offers a wide range of server locations around the world. NordVPN servers are located in 62 different countries and contain more than 5000 servers.
NordVPN is a great choice for those who want to visit sites that are unavailable in their own country (for example porn websites) and to stream video (Netflix, Sling TV, Hulu).
We are have picked NordVPN as the second best VPN for streaming video online.
The main features of NordVPN:
- NordVPN secures user internet activity from hackers and malicious software, including Ad Blocker. In order to have the highest possible level of security, this VPN uses double data encryption. In other words, the data that goes between your device and the server is encrypted twice using Double VPN technology. The features include Military-grade Encryption, CyberSec, and Double VPN.
- Privacy protection features ensure that no one can track users’ online activity. The features include a Strict no logs policy, Automatic Kill Switch, DNS leak protection, and Onion Over VPN.
- NordVPN allows users to bypass geographical restrictions and censorship. It offers more than 5000 servers worldwide, Streaming, SmartPlay, P2P and speed features.
- The VPN also offers apps across all the major platforms and multiple devices, as well as extensions for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
NordVPN is compatible with Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android TV, Linux. It has browser add-ons for Google Chrome and Firefox. The VPN service also supports Windows Phone, open-source and branded routers.
Wide geographical reaches
Performance hits and drop connections
Double VPN for twice the encryption
A monthly plan might seem expensive
User-friendly and pleasant interface
Not clear ownership
CyberGhost is another great VPN service which suits perfectly for streaming online video and browsing adult websites. We like CyberGhost for its reasonable price and great quality. It is not worse than ExpressVPN or NordVPN. The main difference is fewer server locations and servers.
Also, we should admit, that the interface of CyberGhost is just great and might be one of the best in the market.
CyberghostVPN has multi-level encryption and you can choose the best for your needs: PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, and IKEv2/IPSec.
Offering one of the widest geographical reaches
Performance hits and slowdowns
A very informative user interface
Not many personalized options
Easy setup and quick to start
Rough reviews by third-parties
If you did the internet speed tests and noticed that Verizon might throttle your internet, you should act quickly and try a professional VPN service. VPN will encrypt your data and Verizon will not see what websites you are visiting. In this case, they can’t throttle your internet.
As it was mentioned before, you should choose only the reliable VPN service provider for maximum performance, privacy and security. Our evaluation list of VPN services is tested and trustworthy. So you will not disappoint for poor quality service.
At the moment ExpressVPN offers 3-months of free service for an annual subscription. It is worth to think about it for the speciall deal. NordVPN and Cyberghost are also very valuable VPN vendors, but not that good as ExpressVPN. So it is up to you which one to choose.
How to set up a new VPN?
To set up a VPN it is a simple process and you don’t need any special computer knowledge. You just need to pick up a desired VPN provider and do the following steps. You are not risking, because of 30 days money back guaranty.
- Go to VPN service provider website: ExpressVPN, NordVPN or CyberGhostVPN
- Subscribe to service. You will receive a username and password.
- Press download the VPN software.
- Install it on your computers or smart devices or router.
- Enter username and password.
- Press Connect to the VPN server.
- Enjoy your internet.
This process will take for you around 2 minutes. You will have 30 days money back guaranty if you will not be satisfied with the service. I think that you will be satisfied because we have picked only those VPNs which are trustful and worth attention.
Our security team at Reviewed by Pro constantly tests new products in order to provide you with up-to-date information and reviews of the latest Internet security and antivirus applications, privacy solutions, recovery tools, and other utilities, not just for your Windows PC, but also for your Mac and Android devices.