fuq.com is a suspicious program, which is usually labeled as a Potentially Unwanted Program also known as PUP, a or Browser Hijacker virus that redirects unsuspecting users to the specific location. If your browser appears to be infected with the fuq.com browser hijacker virus we highly recommend to remove this malicious software from your computer as soon as possible, as it can cause serious damage to user data and the device.
Fuq.com is Browser Hijacker Virus
As it was mentioned before the fuq.com is a type of virus that is named as a browser hijacker because it reveals some of its' main features. Interestingly, Browser Hijackers are designed as ‘marketing tools’ that aims to promote and redirect users to a particular website. This potentially unwanted software is able to modify a web browser’s settings without user’s permission and injects unwanted ads and pop-ups into the user’s browser. For example, when a new website is launched and an owner is struggling to attract users to visit the website, one of the solutions could be would be some black hat methods instead of more conventional likes. Hackers and other malware creators can adjust a code from preexisting versions of the same type of malware. This is how a brand the new browser hijacker is created.
Browser Hijackers are capable of replacing exciting home page, error page or search engine with its own. The developers of browser hijacker viruses might make income by driving traffic to the particular site and promoting it, and/or display fake pop-ups asking to install software updates, and/or redirect to questionable websites. In addition, it might also notify users about detected malware, viruses, and other malicious threats and offering users to clean them by installing questionable software.
As it was mentioned before the fuq.com is a type of virus which is labeled as a browser hijacker because it reveals typical features of it. In addition, it also ads adware features as it is designed to throw advertisements up on the screen within a hijacked web browser.
The browser hijacker is distributed via various pop-up ads and infects users’ browsers.
This virus is considered as medium or high in danger level. It can easily Hijack your web browser, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari, as well as every version of windows. However, the fuq.com browser hijacker not only takes control over the infected web browser, redirects users to its own website and controls browsing sessions but also displays fake and infected ads. These features make the fuq.com browser hijacker a high severity in threat. Even though the fuq.com PUP is known for a while now, it’s malicious activity first was revealed in 2018. Even though malicious software aims to target the Windows operating system, however, this particular browser hijacker is able to attack Mac OS X and iOS operating systems.
fuq.com aims to promote a pornographic website
The fuq.com browser hijacker is designed to promote its website only that includes adult content. Once this malicious software infects the browser, it modifies a victim’s browse’s settings and starts to redirect to the adult-themed website fuq.com.
The commercial content displayed by the fuq.com browser hijacker might include malware. It can deliver malware-laden ads, redirect to phishing, technical support scam or infected websites. Users can put their devices’ at risk by visiting such websites that can infect their devices with malware, ransomware, or other threats that can steal personal information, or even provide a remote access to the infected computer. fuq.com also can spy on victims as browser hijackers are often capable of tracking user data. This virus might track victims browser-related information, such as history, search queries, etc. This information can be shared with third-party ad developers and advertising networks. In addition, the tracking methods can also be supported by the virus and put your private information in danger.
The major ways fuq.com virus can be distributed
Usually, PUPs like fuq.com are distributed via other Pop-up ads. There is a higher possibility of the fuq.com browser hijacker intrusion into your browser if you:
- Browse through suspicious and potentially insecure websites, such as pornographic or gambling websites.
- Download questionable software and browser extensions from unknown file-sharing domains.
- Install fake software updates from suspicious Pop-up ads.
- Do not read installation settings and use quickly, recommended or standard installation settings while installing freeware or shareware.
Protect yourself against similar threats If you do not want to become a victim of such software, make sure to take care of your device’s security. In the first place, users are highly recommended to be vigilant while browsing the web, downloading files and other software, or visiting suspicious websites.
- Do not install software from unknown file-sharing websites or P2P networks.
- Avoid visiting high-risk websites such as gambling, illegal video streaming, pornographic or similar sites.
- Do not click on suspicious ads, pop-ups or security alerts on the web browser.
- Use a reliable security and antivirus software with safe browsing feature
In case your web browser gets infected with the fuq.com browser hijacker virus, make sure to stop its activity and remove this malicious software until it caused more damage to you and your device. To remove this kind of malicious software can be difficult and take hours. One of the easiest ways to do remove the fuq.com virus is to use a legitimate and reputable anti-malware or anti-virus tool to scan and clean your browser. A reliable security software can quickly detect and remove all hijacker-related entries from the system. If you are not sure what security suite or antivirus system to chose, make sure to check out our Security page. If you prefer to remove this malicious software manually, you can reboot your browser in Safe Mode and follow step by step guide.
Remove Fuq.com from Windows 8 and 10
If you want to remove fuq.com virus from your Windows OS 10 and 8 take the following steps:
- Right-click the Windows key to access the Quick Access Menu, choose Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- In the list find and uninstall fuq.com and other related or suspicious programs.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Then, remove fuq.com from Windows shortcuts by right-clicking on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox, click the Properties options.
- Navigate to Shortcut tab and check the Target field. Then, delete the suspicious URL.
- In order to remove the virus from all the browsers, repeat the following steps with Internet Explorer and Chrome.
If all the steps were taken correctly, the fuq.com browser hijacker should be successully removed from your system.
Remove Fuq.com adware/virus from Mac
In order to remove fuq.com virus from your MAC, first of all you should restore your browsers' default settings. Follow the steps bellow and you will remove that nasty virus from your Safari browser.
How to erase Fuq.com from Safari Mac?
- Open the browser and click on “Safari menu”. Then go to the section “Preferences”;
- In a new window, press the button “Remove all website data”;
- Another window will appear and press once again “Remove now”.
Eliminate of Fuq.com from Chrome on Mac
- Open your Chrome browser and click the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” section;
- Go to the section “Options” and you will see another system window;
- Go the “Under the Hood” section and click the “Reset to defaults” button.
Delete fuq.com virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser and go the “Help – Troubleshooting Information” section;
- After that, you will see on the right corner the button “Reset Firefox”;
- Click the button “Reset Firefox” and you are done.
How to remove fuq.com virus automatically?
If you are not good on computers, you can always use antimalware software that can help you. Theese solutions will clean your computer automatically and you will be 100% sure that you a free of viruses and spyware
- ^ Potentially Unwanted Program. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ^ Browser Hijacking. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ^ Pop Up Ad. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ^ Start Your PC in Safe Mode. Microsoft.
- ^ Ransomware. Malwarebytes.