Malware and other cyber threats threatening the Windows operating system increase every day. This is why it is very important to protect your Windows PC. However, not every user wants to pay for an antivirus system, this is why Reviewed by Pro provides you with information about free antivirus packages that are also effective and capable of protecting users from threats on the Internet.
Panda Free Antivirus
Panda Free Antivirus is developed by Panda Security, the Spanish based software company. The company specializes in providing security software, including antivirus, firewall, spam and spyware detection, and advanced cyber security services with technology that prevents cybercrime. Panda Security develops security products for both home and business users. Panda Software offers one of the lightest antivirus solutions in the market as all the work is done in the cloud. It also applies Smart Technology based on Big Data and AI.
Researchers at Reviewed by Pro used Panda Antivirus for 30 days. They indicated that the software begins scanning your PC once installed. The scan itself is smooth and does not impact on a computer system.
- A wide list of useful features including different scanning methods, process monitor, the ability to make an emergency USB drive and more.
- A built-in anti-phishing engine provides good protection against fraud and phishing attempts.
- Great detection score of viruses and malware programs.
- Rescue disk tool which can work fine under difficult conditions.
- Reviewed by Pro highlighted the USB vaccination tool which can easily quarantine viruses and malware transmitted through USB drives or other attached devices.
- The user interface is attractive and also can be customized.
- Panda Antivirus has a noticeable negative impact on computer performance. It won’t affect the system speed on business class PC or laptop, however, if you are using an average device or a device with low specifications, the performance will be slower than usual.
- Some of the default settings need to be changed to make the software more efficient
The Final Verdict
The researchers at Reviewed by Pro were happy with the program, even though they have mentioned that it has some flaws when it comes to the system performance.
All in all, Panda Free Antivirus is a strong program that can provide you with almost perfect virus and malware detection rates, an attractive user-friendly interface and some unusual features like the vaccination tool or the rescue kit. Another strong point of the software is the light weight of the installation file that doesn’t take up much space on your hard drive. All of the features work fast and the cloud-based processing technology makes it even faster.
However, due to the negative impact on the system, the application is recommended for those you have better than average PC or a businesses class laptop.
Avast Antivirus is created by Avast, one of the largest cybersecurity companies. Avast uses next-gen technologies that prevent and protect from cyber attacks in real time. The company also has an immense cloud-based machine learning engine and their cloud-based security infrastructure monitors and sees everything what happens on the Internet. As a result, Avast prevents 3.5 billion attacks every month. Avast security software is used by over 400 million users in more than 150 countries. Avast provides security software and services for individuals and businesses, it protects Windows, macOS, Android and iOS devices, also provides privacy and performance solutions.
Avast offers three versions of antivirus software, including the paid versions: Avast Internet Security, Avast Premier as well as Avast Ultimate, and a free Avast Antivirus.
Researchers at Reviewed by Pro used the software on PC that runs Windows 10 OS, 8 GB of Ram and SSD disc. The test took 30 days.
- Avast offers probably one of the longest lists of security features, that include automatic software updater, data shredder, webcam shield, Wi-Fi inspector, browser cleanup and more.
- Avast Antivirus scans the computer fast and smoothly. According to Reviewed by Pro, the Smart Scan took only five minutes to complete.
- Avast Antivirus offers its customers not just fast but also reliable and informative scans. The antivirus managed to detect most of the viruses and malware samples installed on the tested PC.
- The full set of features only will be available for the full version of Avast Antivirus. So if you want to increase your privacy, network protection or use other features, you will have to purchase the software.
- It is important that if you want to cancel the antivirus subscription, you will have to do it in advance because Avast automatically extends the subscription once it has ended.
Avast Antivirus can be installed quick and easy. It supports PCs that run Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista or XP SP3, both 32 and 64 versions, 256 MB+ RAM and 1.5 GB of hard disk space.
The Final Verdict
Researchers wrote that the software would be a great choice for every user.
The program is one of the better ones out there. It has tons of useful features, and you can try it for free before purchasing the full version.
As you can see both security systems are well-rated and provide reliable protection. However, Panda Free Antivirus would be a better choice for those who have better than average or business class device, because it slows down the system performance while Avast Free Antivirus does not have any noticeable impact on the system.
On the other hand, Panda offers its customers a wide range of useful features completely for free, it also will be capable to clean highly infected device by letting you create an emergency USB stick. Avast Free Antivirus also offers a number of features, however, if you want to use them, you will have to purchase the free version of the antivirus.
Overall, Panda Free Antivirus and Avast Free Antivirus both offer trustworthy protection for Windows PCs, so if you are trying to decide which one is right for you, take account into your own needs and device’s condition.