When you see so many products that offer the same service, then there is always a high probability of picking the wrong candidate. We will help you in making the right decision with our comparative analysis on Avast and Panda antivirus software, which will show you the reasons why you should make that specific service as your original antivirus software in 2020.
Panda vs Avast – We have the answer for you with our expert comparison guide in 2020
The Synopsis of the different features of Avast and Panda Antivirus Software: Avast the winner of the contest
It is hard to dive deep into the whole article to find the answer, especially if you are dealing with a time restraint. Do not worry! We have arranged the following segment specifically for you; as we have summarized every topic of the analysis with the answers you are most eager to find out on which is the better antivirus software out of Panda and Avast and on what grounds
- Pricing Comparison – Panda was unable to offer variety to its users in the form of support across multiple devices, and it also did not cover antivirus protection for iOS users. Avast’s basic multi-device plans provided coverage across 10 machines of all platforms, and it is why the winner was Avast antivirus software;
- Antivirus Protection Rating Comparison – This comparison was much tighter than we expected it to be, and it was because of Panda and Avast's excellent results in identifying newer versions of malware without any hesitation. But Avast antivirus software prevailed in this round mainly due to its perfect score in detecting malware with no software signatures;
- The Comparison on the System-Performance Impact – Both Avast and Panda antivirus software left quite a room of improvement as they showed fewer signs of compatibility with the system and slowed down its speed under some circumstances when we performed the test. This contest was a Tie;
- Features Comparison – The similarities between the functions of Panda and Avast was quite staggering as they covered every turn and offered every primary facility to enhance the security of their respective user. This contest was also a Tie;
- User Interface Comparison – Panda’s app interface seemed too advanced for the average user, and its scenic background was quite distracting as well. Avast was easy to use, and all the facilities were conveniently categorized for the user. AVAST antivirus software won this round;
- Customer Support Service Comparison – Avast antivirus software’s support program lacked the basic necessity of live chat with a technician. Whereas Panda not only had a 24/7 premium tech support through live chat, it also provided the opportunity for the users with a telephone number to call the local service provider and share their issue with them. Panda antivirus software was the winner of this round.
Check out this comparative table below to understand our score system and how we picked the eventual winner of the two antivirus software:
It is vital to realize the threat we and our data is facing in the shape of hacking attempts, viruses, and other such kinds. It is also crucial to understand that only two things or endeavors could save us from such severity. One of them is the constant attitude of remaining on your toes or being vigilant by using the computer system in a safe environment. The second thing is to arrange for services like antivirus software and a VPN to get ahead of the impending trouble and maintain the security of your device.
Nowadays, several antivirus software vendors claim to be the best at their job, and sometimes their claim is just an empty shell or isn’t just good enough. In this article, we will look into the claims of Panda and Avast antivirus software and see which one is the better service for you in 2020.
The pricing offers comparison: Avast’s multi-device support got the edge over Panda antivirus software
For average consumers in today’s economic climate, there is nothing more real than the monetary restraint they face each day, which forces them to pick and choose on the things they wish to get. The same goes for the process of getting antivirus software to safeguard their computer system and smartphones from viruses and other such things.
It is the full job of the service providers to understand the facts and reality about the predicament of their potential customers and arrange for offers that match their budget and allow them to share the product and its fee with multiple individuals, whom they consider family and friends. In this section, we will check the pricing offers of Avast and Panda antivirus software and see which one of them is more convenient and easy on the pocket of the regular consumer.
The pricing offers of Avast antivirus software:
From a full-features antivirus for both Mac and Windows operating systems to a separate VPN package for the users on all platforms for complete anonymity, Avast antivirus software has it all. If you wish to use the service for yourself on just a single PC, then you can get it for only $55.99 per year. But the most cost-effective package of Avast is its multi-device one that is available across as much as 10 devices for a small price of $71.99 per year, which averages $7.19 per user per year. You can check out the rest of the details on Avast antivirus software’s pricing packages in the table below:
|Automatic Software Updater||✗||✔||✔|
The Pricing Plans of Panda:
The bad thing about Panda antivirus software’s pricing plans is that it does not allow the user to use their account on multiple devices simultaneously, as such a marketing strategy could prove to be less cost-effective for them. The good thing about it is that each package permits compatibility on most of the top platforms on the market, such as Windows, macOS, and Android. You can get the most basic service of Panda at a price of $29.49 per year. You can see the fulls details on the time and platform coverage of each plan in the table stated below:
|Antivirus protection with Firewall||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Mac and Android devices real-time antivirus protection||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Free VPN – Limited 150MB/day||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Protect your WiFi network from hackers and prying neighbours||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Scan external/USB devices and keep them safe from any kind of threats||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Ransomware cyberattacks and advanced threats protection||✗||✔||✔||✔|
|Data Shield – Encrypt your confidential data||✗||✗||✔||✔|
|Premium Unlimited VPN||✗||✗||✗||✔|
|Unlimited Premium 24/7 Technical Support||✗||✗||✗||✔|
|Pricing||$23.99 / 1 device||$31.99 / 1 device||$49.99 / 1 device||$79.99 / 1 device|
|Discount||– 40% off
||– 40% off||– 40% off||– 40% off|
The basic plan of Panda was much convenient to the budget concerning the price(29.49/year) and its support across multiple platforms as compared to Avast’s basic pricing plan that came at $55.99/year. But Avast was the real winner in the eyes and opinions of our experts as its multi-device support was better than most of the service on the free market, nevertheless against Panda.
Winner: Avast Anti-Virus Software.
The protection rating evaluation: Avast antivirus software scored a perfect round as compared to Panda:
With new and improved malware bracing the world of the internet every day, no time is more vital for the antivirus services to up their game in being responsive and vigilant against those new viruses. We have arranged for the following protection potency test for each antivirus software available on the market which reveals to the common consumer regarding the ability of such services to react against powerful threats:
- The ability to perceive zero-day malware(Real-World testing);
- The ability to recognize and respond to newly exposed malware.
In this section, we will show you the results we gathered with Avast and Panda antivirus software and the winner of the contest.
The protection rating of Avast antivirus software:
Against the industry average of 99.4% set by several independent cybersecurity firms, Avast was able to identify each one of the 300 malware samples that had no software signatures with them, no matter if they came in the form of a spam email or a shared file.
When we ran more than 30,000 samples of newly discovered malware against the computer with Avast being its prime antivirus, the results were brilliant as the program was able to respond to each one of the new malware and protected the system on every occasion. It is why the Avast antivirus software got a perfect rating of 10.
The protection rating of Panda antivirus software:
The testing techniques and the malware samples that were used to collect the scores and the response efficiency of Avast antivirus software were also used to check the prowess Panda antivirus software.
Panda got an efficiency rate of 99.2% in identifying zero-day malware through spam emails and other forms of data sharing against an industry benchmark of 99.4%. But it was its response against the recently launched malware viruses that was amazing to our experts as Panda gave a perfect result of 100% as it identified each of the 30,000 malware testers that we used. We decided to provide Panda antivirus software with a rating of 9.0 out of 10.
Even though both Panda and Avast antivirus software were brilliant in identifying newer forms of malware and got similar results, the deciding factor was the outcome we collected after conducting the zero-day malware tests. Unfortunately, Panda was unable to match the brilliance of Avast and fell behind a margin of 0.8%. It is why we decided to make Avast antivirus software the winner of the protection comparison.
|Protection agains 0-day malware attacks (web and email threats)||100%||99.2%|
|Detection of most common spread malware in last 4 years||100%||100%|
Winner: Avast Anti-Virus Software.
Avast and Panda antivirus software showed similar results in the system performance tests
It is understandable that software such as an antivirus could carry a vast amount of storage and would ask the user to offer the program a reasonable machine to operate on and perform its job. But it is also vital for the software to make the best out of the circumstances and do not put much pressure on the system that would impact its performance and efficiency.
- Our experts have developed the following methods to identify the antivirus software’s impact on the system’s performance:
- Using the browser to open multiple Websites;
- Downloading new apps and software from the internet;
- Installing the newly downloaded applications on the system;
- Launching standard programs on the PC such as MS-office or the Command Prompt;
- Sharing data to and fro.
We used the technique as mentioned above to determine the results of Panda and Avast antivirus software for this article and comparative analysis.
The impact on the performance of the system by Panda antivirus software:
After applying all the techniques or routine operations that were mentioned in the previous section, the conclusion that our experts set was that Panda antivirus software was compatible with the system on most of the occasions, and most of the scores it got were at par with the industry average.
The reason for the score of 9.0 out of 10 that we had to give Panda was due to the glitches we felt when we tried to install the newly downloaded programs on the PC, followed by the turtle-like pace in opening the intended URLs.
The impact on the performance of the system by Avast antivirus software:
Avast was brilliant and compatible with the system, as it was a smooth sail in accessing the routine functions of the PC.
Even the free version of the antivirus was excellent and did not allow the system to slow down or act sluggish, especially when we tried to access the internet for downloading. But the problem came when we tried to access high-performance websites like Youtube and Twitch through the Chrome browser while initiating a virus scan on the system as we felt some discord with the speed of the PC. It is why we decided to give Avast antivirus software a rating of 9.0 out of 10.
|Slowing-down when launching popular websites||27%||16%|
|Slower download of frequently-used applications||16%||35%|
|Slower launch of standard software applications||15%||14%|
|Slower copying of files (locally and in a network)||1%||1%|
Both Panda and Avast showed signs of excellence when we performed individual tests that mostly did not involve the internet. But a lot was left to be desired with both antivirus software, as both of them showed sluggishness with the system on particular occasions. It is why Panda and Avast got the same score of 9.0 out of 10, and similarly, we concluded to make the system performance contest into a tie between the two.
Winner: Tie(Panda & Avast Anti-Virus Software).
Avast and Panda antivirus software shared the same features for the security of the user
The features of the software service are its unique selling point, the more, the better. Nowadays, antivirus software services give full throttle facilities for security that the user can enable on their devices such as a VPN, password manager, and even a parental control facility. In this section, we will look into the various features and utilities of Avast and Panda antivirus software and check the potency of security against privacy and security threats.
The features of AVAST antivirus software:
If you use the free version of Avast, then you have full access to regulate the antivirus facility of the software that is more than capable of responding correctly to malware and ransomware. But with the premium package of Avast antivirus software, you can see the magic happen with utilities like a VPN, password manager, data shredder, and much more.
Here is the list of all the features that Avast offers to its premium package holders:
- You will get permission to access malicious sites with the Real site utility as they are the natural hub of the viruses such as malware;
- If you wish to look into such malicious sites, then with the Sandbox feature, you can check them in a safe mode without the malware touching your system;
- If you do not wish to keep your account details on mediums like Google, then with Avast’s Password Manager facility, you can easily manage them in a secure environment;
- Your home network is most vulnerable, and it could get hacked by criminals, but with the Wi-Fi Inspector of Avast, you will know the faults of your connection so that you could remedy them accordingly;
- Deleted data can be recovered pretty quickly by anyone. If you do not want it to be recovered, then with the Data Shredder of Avast, you can erase it beyond recognition;
- If you wish to obtain complete anonymity online while accessing the restricted content in your areas, then with the Secure Line VPN of Avast, you can remain safe from anyone by opening any of its 54 server locations in more than 34 countries;
- Once we delete some old files or apps from the computer, it leaves its residue behind in the form of cache memory or registry files. The Cleanup utility of Avast removes each of them and enhances the working efficiency of the system;
- Hackers and other agencies can easily hack our webcam. You can avoid such behavior by initiating Avast’s Webcam Shield prevents.
The features of Panda antivirus software:
Panda Security Company is among those antivirus services that provide their users with whole around facilities for protection and privacy, much like Avast. Here are some of the utilities of Panda antivirus software that come alongside the superb ability to delete viruses out of existence:
- You can get malware and ransomware protection on any device you want with Panda antivirus software’s Malware shield;
- Panda’s VPN permits usage of up to 350 MB of data with the basic package. But you can get unlimited bandwidth and ensure your anonymity online through the premium package;
- If you intend to keep a lookout of your child’s internet endeavors, then through Panda’s parental control facility you can easily monitor everything;
- The password manager allows you to manage and regulate your social media, banking, and other accounts in a safer platform;
- If you do not want anyone to take a peek of your data then through Panda’s data encryption and identity protection, you can keep your data and your identity encrypted, away from everyone;
The PC may feel sluggish due to the overloading of residual files. You can avoid all of that and boost the performance of the system with Panda’s data cleaner.
There was no easy way to pick one as the winner out of Panda and Avast antivirus software as both of them had amazingly similar facilities for their customers. It is why we had to consider this comparison as a tie between the two of them.
Winner: Tie(AVAST & Panda Anti-Virus Software).
The interface of AVAST antivirus software straightforward to use whereas Panda’s seemed a bit more confusing for the frequent user
Once you understand the pricing and features of the product, the next step is to know the intuitiveness of the app interface of both Panda and Avast antivirus software. It is the place where you get the chance to enable the protection you have purchased for your device directly. We will also let you know on which app platform is better of the two and why.
The software interface of Panda antivirus software:
With a picturesque wallpaper behind the various icons that look like tabs of a smartphone and a beautiful layout, Panda’s app interface allows you to enable security features such as VPN, data cleaner, and others with just one simple click. It certainly does not give out the vibe of a conventional antivirus interface, but it is quite unique in its own taste, but understandably using the interface may get disconcerting for users who are not used to such kind of a layout.
The software interface of AVAST antivirus software:
With a vertical menu in front of the darkish layout and white and green background to view the status of each feature, Avast’s interface is quite intuitive and accessible for every type of user. The menu on the left allows the user to access each utility that is carefully categorized under their respective option. Here are the four categories of Avast’s app interface:
- Status – To check the current state of the device;
- Protection – To enable all the protection features such as Ransomware Shield, Firewall, and Sandbox;
- Privacy – To access all the privacy-enhancing utilities like VPN and Webcam Protection;
- Performance – To allow functions like the data cleaner to boost up the speed of the computer.
You can check the status of your subscription from the front view of the interface. The settings gear icon is also available at the top-right corner of the app display so that you could check the quarantine section and enable other features like the “Do Not Disturb” mode that allows you to do your routine work on the system without any interference from Avast.
Avast app interface was hands down the most intuitive and stylish as compared to Panda as it offered more distinct options for the user to pick, which is convenient for those individuals who do not know how to operate the app or anything of such magnitude.
Winner: Avast antivirus software.
Thanks to their typical customer support facilities, both Panda and AVAST antivirus software were the winners of the round
The antivirus service provider must arrange for a quality customer care service to assist their users. It shows the caring attitude of the vendor toward its customers and enhances the chances of marketing of the product. In this section, we will describe the various much-have facilities of Panda and Avast antivirus software’s customer support program and how one won against the other:
The customer support program of Avast antivirus software:
You can access the customer care section of Avast by plainly clicking on the “Support” option from its official website. Even though Avast does not offer the live chat facility for its users to interact with antivirus technicians, it makes up mostly by arranging a complete set of FAQs and guides under the following categories:
- Installation & Activation;
- Refund Request;
- Subscription & Account;
- Sales & Billing;
Moreover, through Avast’s Community Forum, users have a place to share all of their concerns related to the antivirus software with fellow customers and employees of Avast. It also could play a vital role in concluding the most favorable solution to said issues.
The customer support program of Panda antivirus software:
The live chat facility is only available to users with Premium Package ID, so the rest of the average customers only can find the solution for their problems by accessing the telephone number available at the official support page of Panda antivirus software. If that is not enough, Panda provides an informative forum for the community to interact with each other and share their issues for a proper solution.
The FAQ section of Panda’s support program guides its users through every general question such as How to set up the software, how to renew the package, how to install the latest version of the software, and much more.
Avast had all the goods to offer for the users to find a solution to each of their virus related problem, but the lack of live chat or even the email support facility was the final nail in the coffin as we decided to declare Panda as the winner of this comparison between the customer service program of Avast and Panda.
Winner: Panda Anti-Virus Software.
Avast antivirus beats Panda overall
It is vital to look for a service that does multiple jobs for you at the same time while not putting any type of heavy pressure on the system that it is supposed to protect. No time is more crucial than today in getting preventative tools such as the antivirus software against the looming threats of viruses and identity thefts.
In this article, we checked the various aspects of an antivirus service and saw how well Panda and Avast performed in every comparison. Even though Panda showed resilience in every contest and should be considered among the leading antivirus software in the world, it was still no match to Avast. Avast excelled in every round, despite the fact that it has much to improve, but the winner of the comparative analysis between Panda and Avast in 2020 was Avast antivirus software.
Winner: Avast antivirus software.