Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Panda AntiVirus both offer good rates and advanced protection. If you are trying to choose an antivirus system that will protect your Windows PC, check this article out!
To start with, Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky is one of the most popular global security companies that protects over 400 million individual home users and 270 organizations, including large enterprises, public sector organizations, and smaller businesses. Kaspersky Lab was founded in 1997 in Moscow, Russia. The founder of Kaspersky, Eugine Kaspersky is also the current CEO of the company, which is headquartered in Moscow and operated in The United Kingdom.
The download and installation are very simple and easy. The size of the file is compact so it won’t take up much space on the PC and will be quickly downloaded. The antivirus can run on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
Researchers at Reviewed by Pro decided to test the software in order to reveal its pros and downsides.
- Researchers at Reviewed by Pro installed thousands of samples of viruses and Kaspersky Anti-Virus real-time protection detected and stopped almost all of them.
- In addition, together with advanced real-time protection Kaspersky Anti-Virus has a reliable anti-phishing feature. As a result, if you are protected by Kaspersky, it is safe to surf the web, because the software detects malicious sites and blocks them or sends warnings.
- The software does not have any negative impact on your operating system and won’t slow down your computer’s performance. As noted, the antivirus can slow down the system only by 10% while scanning.
- The user interface is simple and easy to use.
- The user interface is simple and good looking. However, the navigation is not very convenient, as well as more customized options would be a great solution too.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus offers great detection and real-time protection scores, However, when it comes to removing existing viruses and cleaning up the device, the results are mediocre. Kaspersky was tested on a highly-infected PC but could not do much about it. In addition, if the PC is highly-infected, Kaspersky does not have the resources to rescue it.
- The technical help system could also be improved because the self-help manuals are quite difficult to understand and there is no global desk.
- If you want a Kaspersky Anti-Virus technician to remove malicious software or a virus from your PC, you will have to pay an additional fee.
The Final Verdict
After conducting a 30-day test, Researchers at Reviewed by Pro provided the final verdict of the software.
All in all, when you think of purchasing the new version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, you should really have your PC’s status in mind – if it’s a clean PC with a new operating system and you want to keep it as clean as possible while surfing the web, Kaspersky Antivirus will be a perfect choice.
Panda Free Antivirus
Panda Antivirus was developed by Panda Security. Panda Security is a Spanish-based IT security developer, focusing on creating antivirus and internet security software. It provides cybersecurity services with technology that prevents cybercrime. Panda Security was established in 1990 and offers its individual customers and businesses antivirus services, firewall, spam and spyware detection, security and management tools for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS devices. In addition, Panda Security developed one of the lightest antivirus solutions in the market because all the work is done in the cloud.
Researchers at Reviewed by Pro used the software for 30 days in a row. Once the antivirus is downloaded, Panda Antivirus begins scanning your PC. Researchers noted that the scan runs smoothly.
After the 30-day test, Reviewed by Pro revealed the software’s pros and cons.
- Panda Free Antivirus offers a wide range of features such as different scanning methods, the ability to make an emergency USB drive, process monitor and more.
- Panda’s built-in anti-phishing system provides reliable protection against all kinds of phishing attempts and fraud.
- Panda free Antivirus provides customers a great detection of viruses and malware.
- Panda Antivirus also offers a Rescue Disk tool that works under difficult conditions.
- Researchers at Reviewed by Pro also noted the USB vaccination tool, which can easily quarantine viruses and other threats transmitted through USB drives and other portable attaches devices.
- Panda also offers an easy to use and customized user interface.
- Even though the Antivirus solution offers reliable and powerful protection, it has a noticeable impact on the computer’s performance. If you have an average PC or laptop with an average or low specifications, it will slow down the system. However, if your PC is better than average; if you have a business class device, you will not feel any difference.
- In order to make Panda AntiVirus more efficient, some of the default settings need to be adjusted.
The Final Verdict
After the 30-day test of Panda AntiVirus, Researchers at Reviewed by Pro came up with the final verdict. They have noted that the program is efficient and reliable. However, the impact on the system performance is relatively noticeable.
Panda Free Antivirus is a strong program that can provide you with almost perfect virus and malware detection rates, an attractive user-friendly interface and some unusual features like the vaccination tool or the rescue kit.
Another strong point of the software is a lightweight installation file that doesn’t take up much space on your hard drive. All of the features work fast and the cloud-based processing technology makes it even faster. However, the developers at Panda Security still have to work through some flaws when it comes to system performance.
The software is recommended for those who have a PC or laptop with higher specifications or a business class device.
As you can see, both of these antivirus systems are reliable and have their own pros and coins. Kaspersky Anti-Virus would be a great solution for those who have clean PC and want to keep it as clean as possible. It also has no negative impact on an operational system. Meanwhile, Panda slows down the PC, but it has better virus removal rates and it is completely free.