VPN is a very useful tool for those who want to increase their security and privacy online. German-based multinational security software provider Avira offers you to browse the Internet securely for free! Avira Phantom VPN is an ideal tool if you want to keep your activities private and anonymous from your Internet Service Provider.
Why Avira Phantom VPN?
- By using Avira Phantom VPN, you become unhackable – all the sensitive data, such as financial information, credentials, passwords and other private files will be secure. No one will be able to intercept them or read.
- Avira Phantom VPN also makes you untraceable from advertisers and eavesdroppers. You become anonymous user from an ever-changing location.
- What is more, you also become uncensored by bypassing geographical restrictions.
You can get Avira Phantom VPN for all your devices and multiple operating systems, including Windows, Android, iPhone and iPad, Mac and also browsers.
Phantom VPN protects your IP address from leaking and makes sure that Internet Service Providers won’t see websites you visit. Thus any third parties won’t receive your streaming and downloading.
Avira Phantom VPN has 36 server locations around the world. You can select the country that you wish to tunnel through securely.
Avira Phantom VPN Free or Paid?
Avira Phantom VPN offers you free and paid versions.
The free version offers you 500MB/month data allowance, encrypted traffic, private browsing, access to geographically restricted websites, DNS leak protection and auto-connect VPN for Wi-Fi networks for multiple devices. In addition to these free functions, the paid version provides fail-safe and technical support, as well as unlimited data.
Full Feature set of Avira Phantom VPN
- Phantom VPN provides users with Web browsing anonymity. The software changes your IP address.
- Secure encryption by protecting private communications.
- The VPN also unblocks content so users can watch their shows from anywhere in the world.
- Fast VPN that runs silently in the background.
- Avira does not track or monitor websites you visit because there are no logs.
- Simultaneous connections so you can connect as many devices as you like.
- DNS leak prevention supports the IP v4 and v6 protocol.
- You can connect from any of Avira services in 36 locations.
- Simple and easy to use.
Who should use Avira Phantom VPN?
Avira Phantom VPN is a useful tool that would benefit many users worldwide.
- Movie fans. Using Phantom VPN you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies even when you are traveling.
- Users can securely connect to any public Wi-Fi networks.
- The security aware. VPN provides you ability to keep your private communications encrypted and protects against eavesdroppers.
- The privacy-minded. Using Phantom VPN companies won’t be able to track your online IP access.
- Website owners. Phantom VPN enables website owners to see how their website looks and how it is rated on search engines abroad.
- Phantom VPN allows gamers to bypass restricted gaming servers.
Does Avira Phantom VPN affect internet connection and speed?
It is actually common that a VPN service can have a negative impact on internet connection and speed, usually because of primarily encryption and protocol. However, Avira indicates that this reduction shouldn’t affect its consumers’ internet activities.
The internet connection also can be affected due to:
- Wi-Fi network pollution. If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network that many other Wi-Fi networks or devices are connected to, it might have a negative impact on your connection speed.
- Current Internet connection even without VPN service might not enable a faster connection.
- The distance between your device and a wireless router is too long.
- Check with your Internet Service Provider the quality of your connections.
- A twisty floor plan also may have a negative impact on your Wi-Fi connection. For example, if there are multiple walls between a router and your device, replace your router so there would be as few obstacles as possible.
- Technical conditions on our device or wireless router, so it won’t allow you a faster connection.
System requirements for Avira Phantom VPN
- Windows devices: Windows 7 and later.
- Android devices: Android 4.0.3 and later (this applies to smartphones and tablets but not TVs).
- Mac: Mac OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) and later.
- iOS: iOS 8 and later
About the company Avira Operations GmbH & Co
Avira Phantom VPN is developed by Avira Operations GmbH & Co which was established in 1986 in Germany. Today Avira is one of the largest multinational cyber security company that offers software for users around the world. Avira provides antivirus software, Internet Security suites, privacy and identity tools for both individual users and businesses. The company delivers software and cloud-based services.
Why do you need a VPN Service?
VPN or Virtual Private Network is a useful tool if you want to protect your private and sensitive information. It builds a connection between a user and a server. VPNs are developed to establish network access and secure corporate communications. At the present time, VPNs have become widely used among non-corporate consumers as well. Consumers are able to browse the web securely from ISPs, that want to sell your browsing information.
VPN is only a part of an Internet security package for your device
It is worth to mention that using VPN services users receive more anonymity online, however, VPS is not an Internet security software and won’t protect you from malicious and unwanted applications or cyber threats.
You have to understand limitations of a VPN service. Reviewed by Pro advises you to use VPN only as a part of complete security on your devices, together with other security solutions.