Twitch is an online video streaming platform where you can watch how other gamers play video games. If you're an avid gamer, here you can enjoy watching the best world gamers in action. Everything would be great, but Twitch tends to block the accounts for unknown reasons. In this article, we are going to understand why does Twitch is blocking the accounts and how to get unbanned from twitch in 2020.
Get unbanned from Twitch in 2020 easily
Mainly Twitch account can be blocked by the users' IP address, and to bypass it, and you need to change your IP address. There are common methods of how you can do it, and it this section, we are going to show it.
1. Unblock twitch with a VPN
Any device that goes online receives an IP (Internet Protocol) address. Similar to a home or an office address, this is a unique piece of information for a particular device. So when your Twitch ID gets blocked, not only do they note your username, they also have the IP address which was used to access the site. This is where the VPN becomes a guardian angel.
A Virtual Private Network stretches a private network over a public one, thereby allowing you to access remote sites. Primarily, a VPN server uses encryption to hide your actual internet connection and provides your device with a new temporary IP address, thereby making it difficult for outsiders to trace your exact whereabouts. That in itself is all the trickery you need to get on board Twitch once again.
Just don't forget that you will have to make a new profile. (Your username and IP address are both under the scanner, remember?)
2. Get unbanned from Twitch with proxy
You can try to bypass the IP restriction ban with a free or paid Proxy service. There are many of them on the market you can find many of them. We just want to warn you that Proxy servers do not encrypt your data and are much slower than a reliable VPN service. So if you will decide to try it, you will take the risk of your own responsibility.
3. Change your dynamic IP by restarting a router
Another straightforward method to change your IP is to restart a router. This method works not for everyone, but only for those who have an internet connection with a provided dynamic IP address. So if you are not sure your internet connection has static or dynamic IP try the following steps:
- Open your browser and search a phrase on the google “What is my IP?”. You will see the numbers, and it is your IP address.
- Now go to your router and turn off the power. When it restarts, go back by the PC. Ussually, it might take up 5 minutes while it will start work.
- Ask for Google again, “what is my IP,” and if you will see the different numbers, it means that you managed to change your IP.
- Now try to connect to Twitch, it should be fine.
It is the fastest way to to change your IP, but as it was mentioned before it works just for the dynamic internet connection.
4. Contact the support center of Twitch and ask to unblock your account
Sometimes the most simplest methods are the most effective ones. Why don't you try to write a short email to email@example.com and explain the situation, apology if you did something wrong and ask to unban your account? It might take up to one week while you receive a response, but in that case, you will be informed of why you were blocked. In case they did not agree to unblock your account, proceed to the second method.
Twitch bans users for the reasons, find out about it
More often than not, and especially if you're a non-US resident, the answer is some plain old geo-blocking. Certain countries around the world are rather stringent with their broadcasting and censorship laws. At other times, some copyright issues play the spoilsport. In either case, we're the ones left heartbroken with no access to some brilliant content on Twitch.
Also, there can be many other reasons for being banned on Twitch too. For example, channel owners and moderators can invite a ban in case they upload illegal material. This can also result when copyrights are infringed. Making unsolicited advances to other members, impersonate them, etc. can also lead to a ban. Whatever may have been the reason, unfortunately, there is no going back once a ban is imposed.
That doesn't mean you can't work around it, however. A decent VPN service is the answer to all your woes, and the one certified way to get unbanned from Twitch lies in a VPN.
The Right VPN for Twitch that is capable to unblock it
We now know only a VPN can bless us with lost access to the world of Twitch, but which VPN do you subscribe to?
Fear not, Friends! We did you a comprehensive guide to making the right choice.
There are several factors one must be mindful of when choosing a VPN.
Here's the Pro list of essentials:
- Need for Speed – Do we even need spelling this one out? Imagine you do get unbanned from Twitch, but the network speed is just not letting you enjoy those videos you have now worked so hard for! Slow internet connection will have your videos endlessly buffered. What's even the point then, right?
- It's all in the Numbers – The more servers a VPN owns globally, the more the amount of content ready for you to explore. A large number of servers ensures your network is spread more extensive, thus dramatically strengthening your shield against geo-blocking. And you believed quantity couldn't compete with quality!
- Encryption On Point – Robust encryption keeps your data safe and guards you against any surveillance. A good VPN will encrypt everything in an ironclad manner and secure your online activities so that you can go on being the gamer you were always meant to be.
- No Holding Back – A perfect VPN does not impose any bandwidth limitations on you, and it allows you to access all file types.
- No Spying – If a VPN is keeping logs of your activity, you're only going to end up as fish bait. The purpose of getting a VPN gets defied if you can't access the internet anonymously. Your online presence is nobody else's business. There's a 'P' in the name itself to emphasize the sanctity of privacy. It essantial to choose no-log VPN.
- Show Me The Money – We all work so hard to rake in the moolah; it'd be a shame to see it wasted on a product that does not deliver you the value for money that you're looking for. We always support penny-pinchers. It doesn't grow on trees, people!
- Everyone Needs Support – Can it even be the right product if it didn't offer incredible customer support?
Now you know what to look for in a VPN, we went a step further to narrow down the options for you – we're Pros, after all!
Top Contenders Among VPNs
Here's a glimpse of the VPNs to look out for along with an in-depth analysis based on the criteria that we have just built:
If you don't want to read all the article and want to get unbanned from Twitch fast, use the VPN. Bellow there is the list of the best VPN for getting unblocked from Twitch:
- ExpressVPN – well-known VPN in the gaming market. Great solutions for gaming and other online activity. It offers Ultra-fast servers and excellent connection speed. Will unblock Twitch from any point in the world.
- NordVPN – one of the best (if not the best) VPN on the market. Fast servers, high internet speed made it valuable among the video gamers of the world.
- CyberGhostVPN – the best value for money you can get on the market. It fits perfect for gamers. It has a friendly user interface, good connection speed, and powerful encryption.
- ProtonVPN – Excellent solution for those who want a great VPN for gaming sessions and online video streaming.
- TorGuardVPN – One of the best well-known VPN on the market. Maybe it is not the cheapest one but can assure excellent quality.
1. ExpressVPN – it can easily to change your IP and encrypt browsing data for better experience on Twitch servers
|Price from||$6.67 (-49% deal)|
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||ExpressVPN review|
ExpressVPN is truly a giant amongst all the VPNs, and it has earned its reputation through sheer brilliance and utility. It deserves the following it has gathered for itself, and honestly, rarely let you down with their service. We have been testing this VPN on multiple devices for quite some while now, and we have yet to come across an occasion when it did not live up to its expectations or cause any inconvenience during the service.
For starters, ExpressVPN has one of the broadest networks of servers in the world across 94 countries and 160 city locations. Most of the servers originate from the US, and it is the place where Twitch normally operates from and collects all its revenue. It also means the better its capability of getting you unblocked in the blink of an eye and access content from platforms other than Twitch such as Netflix US and Disney+.
The speed tests bring another feather to its cap as ExpressVPN is a right front runner in this arena when tested globally and across continents. Immaterial of whether you're downloading or uploading, ExpressVPN does not disappoint.
As for your safety and security needs, ExpressVPN provides a massive variety of methods that covers all your basic security requirements, which are stated in the list below:
- Military-grade encryption;
- Kill Switch;
- L2TP/IPSec; IKEv2 (Internet Key Exchange)
- Internet Protocol Security-IPsec;
- Point to Point Tunneling Protocol-PPTP
As if this was not enough, ExpressVPN is genuinely flexible, and compromises support to a wide range of multimedia platforms. Nearly all operating system software from Windows to Mac, Linux, practically all gaming consoles including Playstations, Xbox, Nintendo, and smart devices ranging from Roku and Fire TV to Samsung and Android Smart TVs pair beautifully with ExpressVPN. The fact that further sweetens the deal is that with the credentials of one subscription, you can connect up to 5 devices to ExpressVPN at the same time. All of this is strengthened by an incredible customer service system that is at your service for all your VPN needs and inquiries 24/7.
The one thinker that you may encounter is the price. ExpressVPN is one of the more expensive VPN services available for you, but if you calculate its long-term plans, the service is actually quite affordable. The plans are as follows:
- $6.67/month for 1-year with 3 additional months free(15-month plan)
- $9.99/month for 6-months, which they bill every 6 months
- $12.95 each month, which they charge you each month
You should note that all the plans mentioned above come with a 30-day refund policy.
2. NordVPN – get unbanned from twitch with the best VPN on the market
|Price from||$3.49 (-70% deal)
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||NordVPN review|
Many technological magazines tout Nord VPN as the leader of the VPN tech industry, and after testing it out extensively, frankly, one might be tempted to agree.
With an ever-expanding network of 5,500+ servers that covers all the 60 countries, NordVPN is nearly impossible to stop by even giants like Amazon. It can bypass any geo-blockage and allows you access to services like Twitch, Netflix US, and others like a piece of cake.
Nord VPN gave stiff competition to ExpressVPN when it comes to speed tests, and it is safe to say that Nord’s performance was identical to ExpressVPN’s speed.
Nord has got you covered when it comes to offering the full-proof privacy/security protocols, and some of them are as follows:
- OpenVPN and high-grade 256-bit encryption;
- CyberSec feature to control phishing attempts at your account
- PPTP and SSTP
- Kill Switch and no-log policy
Although Nord VPN cannot support as many platforms as ExpressVPN, it does extend its support to all the major and popular platforms across operating systems, gaming consoles, and smart devices. Its lack in flexibility notwithstanding, you can bet on Nord VPN to solve your Twitch unbanning woes if you subscribe to one of the more commonly distributed multimedia platforms like Windows, macOS, iOS, and Smart TVs like Amazon Fire TV.
If you think this is it, then you are wrong as Nord takes user-convenience very seriously and offers you to connect 6 devices at once with the information of a single subscription. It also offers an expert customer care service for its clients.
So how much will Nord set you back? As a challenger to ExpressVPN, it is, therefore, even competitively priced. The subscription plans of Nord are as follows:
- Exclusive deal – $3.49/month with 3-months free for 3-years with a 30-day return policy;
- $4.99/month for 2-years and with a 30-day return policy;
- $6.99/month for a full year with a 30-day return policy
- $11.95 billed each month
Monthly plans begin at $11.95 per month with the option to save some significant amount with a 3-year subscription priced at $125.65. Similar to its main rival, Nord VPN also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its plans.
3. CyberGhost VPN – access the Twitch's servers with a cheaper alternative
|Price from||$2.75 (-80% deal)
|Oder VPN with a discount|
|More information||CyberGhost review|
Came into existence in 2004 and with 5500+ servers spread across 90 countries, the Romanian VPN CyberGhost belongs in the big leagues. With a full ability to bypass any geo-restriction in the world, you can watch or use Twitch from anywhere you like, and on any device/platform you want. The many platforms It supports are Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and others.
When tested for speed in various countries across all continents, CyberGhost posted excellent results, although the speeds weren't anywhere close to its previous two competitors. The lag at times was as high as 25Mbps during specific times in some parts of the world as compared with its competitors.
However, what CyberGhost lacks in speed, it more than covers up in offering you the safety on the internet by giving the extensive gallery of encryption methods that can surely keep you secure and anonymous online. The protocols are as follows:
- 256-bit encryption with an OpenVPN
- IKEv2/IPSec tunneling protocols
- No-log policy
- Kill Switch
CyberGhostVPN offers a strong cross-body platform support, and it works with nearly any of your standard operating systems or smart devices. So much so that you can connect up to 7 devices through a single account at the same time.
CyberGhost’s customer support service is second to none as it has a fantastic gallery of an online support page, that offers you FAQs, how-to guides, and other offline means, along with live chat and email service.
No other VPN offers a 45-day return guarantee than CyberghostVPN, and you can choose any one of the plans listed below and start using the internet with complete anonymity.
- $2.75/month for 3-years with 2 months free;
- $3.69/month for 2-years;
- $5.99/month for a full year;
- $12.99 billed each month
4. ProtonVPN – well know VPN for the avid gamers from Switzerland
Founded by the scientist working in CERN, Switzerland, and a subsidiary of Proton Technologies, who also developed ProtonMail, ProtonVPN is a fantastic addition to the family of VPNs. It may be small, but the 563 servers in 43 countries ensure high-speed internet and the ability to allow you access on platforms like Twitch and several others such as HBO GO, Amazon, and Netflix.
The speed performance may not be as much as at some time, it wasn’t able to touch 5Mbps, but the VPN is gradually improving day by day. Moreover, there is no other VPN that offers the type of free service it does. However, the result of the speed tests in regions such as the Asia Pacific, Western Europe, and Australia was exceptional.
Some of the security features which you are going to see in the list below present complete security and anonymity across the board to the user:
- AES-256 encryption;
- OpenVPN (UDP/TCP)
- IKEv2 protocol
- Kill Switch and a strict no-log policy
It is compatible with every significant OS and device on the market, including Win/macOS/Android/iOS/Linux. Furthermore, you have the full support of ProtonVPN to share your account with others as it offers you to connect 5 devices at the same time. The customer service is also improving day-by-day, and if you have any queries regarding the technicality of the VPN, the email service gives you a prompt response.
Here are the subscription-plan of the VPN that you can choose and start using:
- The Basic Plan with $4/month that allows you to connect 2 devices simultaneously
- The Plus Plan with $8/month that allows you to connect 5 devices simultaneously
- The Visionary Plan with $24/month that allows you to connect 10 devices simultaneously and ProtonMail service.
#5 TorGuard VPN – fast, secure and powerful VPN for Twitch Fans
TorGuard comes strong with a network of more than 3000 servers in more than 50 countries.
When tested for speed in the UK and the US, Torguard registered good speeds averaging anywhere between 50-60Mbps.
TorGuard keeps it safe with OpenVPN but offers the users various encryption choices from among AES-128, AES-256, Blowfish, and no encryption.
In terms of allowing multiple devices to be connected via a single subscription, TorGuard has the most to offer, with 8 of them being permitted to be used at the same time.
The customer support team wins accolades, too, with them making their services available for their customers 24/7.
Subscription packages are attractively priced, beginning from $9.99 per month up to $59.99 per year.
Free VPN is to slow and insecure for using on Twitch
Now that we know all there is to learn about the VPNs that can get you back on Twitch, we're confident you'd also be tempted by the plethora of free VPN services available on the market. It's difficult to resist, we understand! However, we feel it our duty to warn you about the pitfalls of such an adventure.
To start on the most straightforward note, free services are free for a reason. Free VPN services will always come with bandwidth limitations and slow network speeds, thereby hampering your video streaming experience.
People don't realize is that even though the service is provided free of cost to you (also if in poor quality), the VPN provider still ends up making money off of you. How? You may ask. Free VPN services do not provide any anonymity or privacy in your goings about online. The logs of your online activity get tracked, saved, and then sold to third party advertisers, hence, those annoying ads. We cannot tell you how often we have seen monitoring cookies being used to invade your privacy and market valuable personal data.
If you will become a victim of such an evil product, there's no rescue either! There is negligible customer support or assistance when you're using the free plan.
|Options||free VPN||paid VPN|
|Changes your IP|
|Fast internet connection|
|No-logs, no tracking|
|No annoying ads|
|Wide range of server selection|
Setting up a new VPN for Twitch
Setting up a VPN is easier than signing-up for Gmail or Facebook, and here are the steps to do it, which do not take more than 2 minutes of your time:
- Subscribe to a VPN service of your choice
- Insert a suitable username and password and download the native app from the website
- Install and launch the app on your computer
- Enter your login credentials and select any server you want to watch Twitch
- Click on Connect and Enjoy the stream!
Your VPN was created not only for Twitch
A VPN can come in handy in any number of ways, but especially if you are traveling and have to use public Wi-Fi on your device to check your emails and messages. It offers the level of security that usually prevents any type of illegal attempts on your device to steal your information, identity, and money. Other than that, due to its encryption method, no one could identify you online, whether it be your ISP, the government, or any petty cybercriminal.
Torrenting is illegal in several countries that implement the piracy laws on their citizens very strictly, but the fact is not everyone can afford the luxury to possess accounts of streaming platforms such as Netflix, Disney+, or HBO GO. This is where torrenting comes in, and a VPN can help you in accessing torrent sites with full anonymity so that no one could know that you were using torrents from your country of residence.
Furthermore, you can play any games you like, which is not available in your region with full features such. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and participate in any gaming competition you wish!
And lastly, you can access your favorite chatting site such as Chatroulette, Omegle, Ome.TV, and others, even they have banned you from their platform.
In plain words, the opportunity is limitless, and you must have a VPN to access anything that you desire!
Twitch is the biggest eSports video broadcaster in the world
Twitch started as an online video game streaming platform in 2013. Today it became a truly formidable video streaming giant that not only broadcasts your favorite eSports competitions but also provides you some of the best music, interviews, and even “reality” TV. Twitch has truly made a commendable effort to reach out to a broader demographic than it can be assumed to boast of, and it has even succeeded in that to quite an extent.
Here you can learn many new tricks video gaming tricks which you can incorporate into your gaming strategy and annihilate your opponents. What better place to satiate the gamer within us than a session on Twitch!
But as happens with all things that make their way to our hearts, many in a relationship with Twitch are soon faced with its challenges. Hey! What's a good love story without a few obstacles, after all?!
To sum it up, we understand the needs of the Twitch loyalist. To have a truly pleasurable experience and especially if you have stumbled upon a roadblock of sorts owing to a ban, VPN alone can be your savior. Do not get tempted by the free versions doing the rounds, however. Many reputable VPN service providers are offering great value for money subscription packages. Choose the best one for your needs.
Keep streaming, and when in doubt, ask the Pros!