Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus user manual
This short user manual will help users to install and better understand the main functions of Webroot SecureAnywhere.
In order to successfully install the software, you should read the license agreement at http://detail.webrootanywhere.com/eula.asp.
Then you should close all programs that are running on your computer. Ensure you have a 20-character license code which identifies Webroot account. This code should come in an email message or is listen inside the retail box (a multi-user license has a single code which works on up to three of five devices). Now when you have everything ready, start the installation:
- If you are installing from a CD, once you inserted the CD into the CD drive an installation dialog opens. Click a link to begin.
- If you are installing from a downloaded file, open Windows Explorer and navigate to where you downloaded the file. Double-click the file to start the installation and click Run.
- Then, enter your key-code in the text box when the Webroot installer dialog shows up.
- Click the Installation Options link if you want to modify Settings such as Install Location, Create a desktop shortcut, Randomize the installed filename to bypass certain infections, Protect the SecureAnywhere files, processes and memory from modification, Change Language, and Proxy Settings.
- When you are done modifying settings, return to the install screen and click the Back arrow.
- Further, click Agree and Install to begin the installation.
- Once the installation is completed Webroot SecureAnywhere starts scanning your system and configuring the application.
By default, scans run automatically every day at the same time when you installed the antivirus program. The application checks the entire system including drives, files, and system memory for any malware including rootkits, trojans, and other cyber threats. If Webroot SecureAnywhere detects a threat it moves it to quarantine so the threat will not harm your system or steal data.
How to view the latest scan results
- Launch Webroot SecureAnywhere. The main interface window displays the latest scan results in the main panel.
How to run scans immediately
Even though scans run automatically, you can also run scans manually.
There are two methods how to run a manual scan: from the main paner or from the system tray.
Run scans from the main panel:
- Launch Webroot SecureAnywhere and on the main panel click Scan My Computer.
Or, use the system tray
- Locate the Webroot icon from the system tray. From the pop-up menu choose Scan Now.
Shield the PC
Webroot SecureAnywhere includes Shields that monitor activity while you browsing the Web and working. Shields run in the background automatically.
If a feature detects a suspicious item or is not recognized, the application displays an alert which requests a user to do one of the following:
- Unblock page and continue;
- Go back to safety;
- Or Request Review.
Webroot includes the following types of shields:
- Real-time Shield
- Rootkit Shield
- Web Shield
- USB Shield
- Offline Shield
Webroot SecureAnywhere includes a firewall which monitors data traffic.
If you want to view or disable the firewall do the following:
- Launch Webroot SecureAnywhere. The firewall status displays on the main window and the green button means that the firewall is enabled.
- If you want to disable the firewall click the white portion of the Firewall button.
- Keep in mind that the system might prompt you to complete the CAPTCHA screen.
- Once you complete the CAPTCHA screen, the program will display a warning that the firewall is disabled.
- If you want to enable the firewall click on Enable Now or click on the Firewall button.