ScanGuard Antivirus Pro user manual
This short user manual will provide you with guidelines how to install, navigate and manage the ScanGuard Antivirus Pro application and its main features
The download and installation should not take long if you have done them correctly. Firstly, you have to download the installer of the software, and then locate the ScanGuard.exe executable in your system, from 'downloads' folder. Then, follow these steps:
- Open the ScanGuard.exe file, this will run the installation wizard which will be completed in under a minute.
- In addition, during the installation, the installation of V9 Network adapters will be prompted. If you will accept, the new VPN add-on will be enabled when purchased. Click on the Install button to enable the ScanGuard VPN service.
Congratulations! ScanGuard Antivirus Pro has been successfully installed on your system. Once the application has been installed, you will need to log in with your account email and password. In addition, the application will automatically update the malware definitions, so please keep in mind that the Internet connection is required during the installation process.
Once installed, ScanGuard will perform its first scan through the system. When the scan will be finished the application will provide you with the scan results and information how to fix errors and issues on the device.
The main startup screen is the App Dashboard. This window allows users to navigate to each of ScanGuard’s subsections including Antivirus, System Boost and Disk Cleanup.
In order to detect and remove malware and other viruses, open the Antivirus subsection.
From the Antivirus subsection, you can perform the following tasks:
- Quick Scan
- System Scan
- Real-time Protection
The System Boost subsection contains the following elements:
- Startup Programs – this element finds all active applications that run when you log into your system.
- Uninstall Applications – this element provides you information about all the programs and applications and allows users to easily uninstall the ones users do not want to keep.
- Browser Manager – this element displays users’ browser History Entries and cookies and enables users to easily remove them.
The Disk Cleaner subsection consists of the following functions:
- Duplicates – this function detects duplicate files and allows users to remove the ones they do not need.
- Junk Shredder – this function detects junk data that can have a negative impact on the system.
We hope that these guidelines help you to understand and navigate the main features of the software.