Norton by Symantec and Kaspersky Lab are experienced and well-known security providers in the digital market. Both of them have millions of satisfied customers worldwide, good ratings, and a number of certificates and awards.
So, if you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy security package for your PC and are choosing between these two security suites, you have to read this article. Researchers at Reviewed by Pro have tested these both of antivirus systems, revealed their pros and cons, and provides you with a detailed review and comparison.
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security is developed by the Symantec Corporation, based in California, United States. Symantec Corporation acquired Norton in 2004. The company is split into two units: information management and security. Norton is focused on security and provides a variety of security products and services for both, individuals and businesses.
Norton offers security software for PCs, Macs, mobile devices, and networks.
Norton Internet Security has been a favorite for many customers worldwide for many years. It is a professional and stable program with many positive reviews by experts on the Internet.
It is worth to mention that the installation process of the program is easy and very quick.
Researchers at Reviewed by Pro analyzed the software for about 30 days and came up with its advantages and disadvantages.
- Norton Internet Security has a firewall protection system which successfully identified and removed over 75% of the threats.
- Attractive and easy to use user interface. As researchers noted, the navigation should be easy for an average user. However, for a more advanced user, it could be a bit annoying, as there are a lot of pop-ups and millions of switches.
- Norton also offers advanced technical support with a free virus removal procedure.
The software also has some cons, revealed by researchers at Reviewed by Pro:
- In order to test Norton Internet Security, researchers installed a number of virus samples and malware on the test PC. Even though the scan results were better than the market average, the virus detection and removal rates are average. Norton left most of the adware.
- Norton real-time protection showed similar results. Only 50% of malware and rogue-ware were detected and removed.
- Resource usage is quite high and the boot time was a little bit slower compared to similar software. During the full scan, Norton Internet Security slowed the system performance by 17%.
The Final Verdict
All in all, researchers at Reviewed by Pro were satisfied with the security software and provided the final verdict:
“Norton Security software is a really good choice if you want to have a security product that has been on the market for many years and already has a following. With this program, you will not experience any major setbacks and will not notice any easily visible flaws. To conclude, Norton Security is a good solution as it detects the majority of threats.”
Kaspersky Lab is a multinational cybersecurity software provider based in Moscow, Russia. The company was established in 1997 by Eugene Kaspersky who is the present CEO and Chairman of Kaspersky Lab. Today Kaspersky is one of the biggest names in the industry and provides premier software and hardware vendors to ensure the highest level of security to its customers. Kaspersky offers security solutions for businesses and home including security software for PCs, Macs, Android tablets, and smartphones.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is a widely used security software around the world. It provides overall security for the PC and all the files and programs stored.
Researchers at Reviewed by Pro tested the security package and identified the main pros and cons of it.
- Researchers highlighted a flawless real-time protection that successfully stopped almost 100% of virus samples.
- Anti-phishing feature at the software is also great. The Anti-Virus quickly detects malicious and suspicious websites, and blocks them or warns you.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus won’t drain your operational system. As researchers noted, that the software can slow down the system only by maximum 10% while scanning which is a great score.
- The software also offers useful additional features such as safe surfing or gamer more.
- The user interface has modern design and is easy to use.
However, the 30-day test also disclosed some downsides of the software.
- Even though the user interface is modern looking and simple, it is not very convenient and has an issue with the navigation and also needs more customization options.
- When it comes to removal of existing viruses, the rates are mediocre. The software was used on a highly-infected computer and it couldn’t do much about it besides crashing.
- If your PC is highly-infected, Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not have the resources to rescue it.
- The technical help system could be improved. The self-help manuals are difficult to understand and there is no global desk. There is also a fee if you want a Kaspersky Anti-Virus technician to remove a virus that the software is not able to remove.
The Final Verdict
After a detailed 30-day test, researchers came up with the final verdict:
All in all, when you think of purchasing the new version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, you should really have your PC status in mind – if it’s a clean PC with a new operating system and you want to keep it as clean as possible while surfing the web, Kaspersky Antivirus will be a perfect choice.
Which one to choose?
According to researchers at Reviewed by Pro, both of the security packages have its pros and cons. While Norton Internet Security offers consumers better malware detection and removal rates, firewall protection, and a great technical support, Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides flawless real-time and anti-phishing protection, also great additional features and low usage of resources.
Overall, it could be said that Kaspersky would be a better choice for those who want to protect and keep a clean operating system, which is not infected yet. Thus, the software cannot do much on a highly-infected device.
Norton Internet Security is reliable and stable software that offers great technical customer support and firewall protection.