McAfee Total Protection uninstall
How to uninstall McAfee Total Protection
This is a short user manual on the uninstallation of McAfee Total Protection. It also works on different McAfee Products, such as LiveSafe.
If you follow these instructions, the application will be uninstalled from your PC quite quickly. By the way, even though the guide is written for the Windows 10 OS, you can use it even for other versions of Windows.
Uninstall McAfee Total Protection
These are the steps for uninstalling the antivirus and security application from your PC:
- Make sure to close the program and navigate your mouse to the bottom-left side of the screen and click the Windows logo.
- Then, open your System Settings by clicking the Gear icon on the menu. Look for the App option and click on it. Then, you will be redirected to another pop-up window.
- You will see a list which contains all the software present on your system. You can scroll down the list and search for McAfee by yourself or use the search bar type McAfee. The latter makes the process quicker.
- Click the McAfee logo and the line will expand. Two options will be given to you: Modify and Uninstall. In this case, you need to press Uninstall if you want to eliminate the program.
- Now you should notice this question on your screen: Are you sure you want to remove McAfee?, Click on the Yes option if you agree to remove the program.
- Now the application will present to you two check boxes. You have to select whether you want to delete all the files of the application. Then, press Remove.
- The software will warn you that you still possess the active subscription. Once again, click Remove.
- Finally, you will see a note that the anti-malware app was removed from your system. Here there are two options for you: either to restart the computer now or after a while. It is better to restart the computer immediately.
Find the right security application for your Windows PC
If you are not sure which Internet security software or antivirus application to choose for your PC, make sure to check out our security section and choose an application that fits your needs! Our security team at Reviewed by Pro constantly tries new products in order to provide you with up-to-date information and reviews of the latest Internet security and antivirus applications not just for your Windows PC, but also for your Mac and Android devices.