Every online or offline activity on your computer is recorded in your computer’s Registry. If you opened any websites recently, they have their own registry entry. If you opened any files, documents or pictures recently, they will also be in separated registry entries. Every new program you install on a system also creates a myriad of new registry entries. Windows registry is like the blueprints that monitor all users' activities.
As you can see there are references to literally every your activity in your PC’s Registry. As time passes by, the Registry becomes saturated with registry entries and can cause interruptions or slowdowns. That is why it is important to clean your computer’s Registry from time to time. It is worth to mention, that Windows operating system barely does something about its registry. “Operating System almost never gets rid of all the registry entries that pertain to a specific program once that program has been uninstalled.”
As Windows cannot effectively clean its Registry, users have to take care of the Registry themselves. Keep in mind that cleaning the Registry can improve your computer’s speed and boot it. By cleaning the Registry you will remove a lot of junk from your computer and you only need to do that every couple months.
Most Windows users try to avoid interaction with the Registry, however, cleaning the registry actually require a user to tinker and interact with it. It is true that is user messes up with the Registry, the issue can only be resolved by completely reinstalling Windows. So check this article out in order to clean your registry without creating any problems and messing up with the Registry.
Clean your Windows Registry using Reimage
- Firstly, you have to download and install a registry cleaner. We would recommend you Reimage. The application is safe and effective if you want to clean your registry and improve your Windows PC.
- The second step would be to create a system restore point. You cannot just mess around with it, because the Registry is very delicate.
- Open the registry cleaner application, for example, Reimage.
- Scan your system for any ongoing issues, such as vulnerabilities, stability problems or other kinds of junk in the Registry. Reimage can scan your PC completely for free.
- Check the scan’s results. Reimage shows its users information about the PC’s hardware, stability, and security, including junk in the PC’s registry.
- Review the results and click on Start Repair, so the application will repair all the issues. However, if you want Reimage to repair your device’s problems, you will have to purchase a license for the program.
- Finally, just wait for the application to repair the detected issues with the system’s Registry and restart your PC.
You should notice that the computer feels faster. Do not forget to check if cleaning the Registry broke anything. If there are any issues, you can use the system restore point and go back to the same stage, where you were before cleaning the Registry.